Climate change

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Dean Nelson, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Well call it global warming or climate change one way or the other it definitely does seem to be having a very real effect. This looks to be the third year out of four with ice so **** poor the ice fishing is going to be an adventure.

No matter the cause we are definitely not getting winter as early as we used to and it doesn't stay as long or get near as cold. I for one definitely love it because it makes for a longer fall and spring and a shorter winter and that most certainly doesn't suck!

BirdJ likes this.
  2. Extrema1

Extrema1 Refuge Member

I have been wondering all fall if the lack of migration in my neck of the woods is a sign of things to come.

3. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

And it will get worse.

4. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

Things have changed, no question. I'm 45. When I was a kid winter started after Halloween and ended about the April 1st. Now it starts around December 1st and end around March 1st. There are exception of course but it's been that way for the last 5-10 years. We've had only a few inches of snow so far, nothing close to below zero temps most days have been in the high 20's low 30's during the day and around 15 at night. It sure makes winter easy.

5. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Hell we had one cold snap and then weather warm enough to melt away much of the ice that did form. Here's the end of Nov actual temps with one hitting 74....although I have no idea what the deal with the 21st was talk about an oddball in that group!

Screenshot_20171215-114736.jpg

6. Iowa

Iowa Refuge Member

This world has been around the block a time or two, I believe its all part of a cycle. Humans are often looking through a very narrow view of the world.

KENNEDY63 and pud123 like this.
  7. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Al Gore invented this as well as the internet. A kids fairy tell when i was growing up was chicken little that is what the liberals are crying the sky is falling the sky is falling. Plus look at the money trail and zee who is getting filthy rich from it.Albert Gore is one of them

8. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

There are definately two sides of this issue one is not telling the truth and who do you trust on this. Do ya trust the liberal tree huggers or do you trust true science that has not been skuewed to further their adgenda. If Gore is the mouthpiece for it I am believing the other side for sure

9. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

We used to have 4 seasons. Now it's summer and fall.

10. Golovkin

Golovkin Senior Refuge Member

Last year was our (Montana) third coldest winter on record, greenland was being farmed 400yrs ago, where I stand right now used to be covered in a mile thick layer of ice but before that reptiles thrived here in December. The only think different today is that weather is political.

KENNEDY63 likes this.