CO AR-15 Transport

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Marshwalker, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

Guys,

I have been on the road a lot lately and only able to read news in small bits on my phone. I Live in CO for 4 months out of the year working on the river. I always take my guns with me and keep them with me. With the new law passed (15 round limit), does it mean you can not purchase anymore high capicty magazines? or even have them in possession? I have my conceal carry permit and always have my Springfield XDM .40 in my truck. It has a 16 round clip. Would all my clips for my AR be illegal to have when traveling to CO?

Thanks so much Zach

2. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

I think that the effective date is a few months off.

Meanwhile...

3. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Laws will become effective July 1, however, you can still possess,you just won't be able to purchase new ones in the state.

4. H2O_Tech

H2O_Tech Senior Refuge Member

Spaights the resident turd polisher...

Be advised, while it is up to the Prosecution to refute the assertion that the accused had possession of the high capacity magazine prior to July 1, 2013, probably doesn't take much imagination to see the scenario where LEO can push the limit and ask to see your proof of ownership prior.

Read it yourself: http://leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_enr.pdf

Like taking your dog to Canada...carry the papers proving vaccination is smart.

I'm waiting for some poor OOS'er who gets uppity with a CO, then freely shows the Glock 17 he bought right before the trip...CO's are Officers of the State...this won't go well.