Coast members

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Hope all you guys survived yesterday’s storm - Channel 4 was showing Plum Island and it didn’t look pretty!

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Plum Island bore the brunt (as usual). They closed the road to the island. (Which always gives me the willies because if somebody has a heart attack out there they've got to rely on boat or chopper. Not a good scenario). We hunted Thursday morning and low/no water became 3 feet of water faster than I've ever seen before. We made the call to get the heck outta there and get ready for what was coming. Newburyport, in their infinite wisdom, called a parking ban and told everyone to park down by cashman boat ramps. Next thing you know those cars had water to the door handles. :dohEssex got thumped pretty good and I'm sure you saw Gloucester made the news. But overall, not too bad. Only about a foot of snow at my house when many places got 16-18" just a little further inland. Plows did a good job. Cleanup wasn't too bad. This warmup/rain that's supposedly coming on Friday will reveal whether or not you've got a ice dam...So shovel those roofs while you can!

Mr.Bones likes this.