Cold Fronts

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by widgeon, Oct 24, 2012.

1. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Which is better? Hunting before a front, during, or after it passes?

I have to pick a couple days to go and I can't make up my mind.

2. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

Your sig line says you're retired. Go before, during and after! :tu But, seriously, if it's been kind of warm, I'd much rather go after the temps drop. I'm excited right now because todays high is forecast near 80. Later this week, highs mid 40's and night lows below freezing. Can't wait!!!!

3. widgeon

I'd love that! The problem is the front seems to be sliding in over about three days and I have a spot I've been saving for just the right time.

And it's a myth about all the spare time you'll have when you're retired. I've never been so busy in my life!!

4. Holman_04

Holman_04 Senior Refuge Member

If the front brings some snow/rain then I'd want to be out immediately after it moves through.

If it's just a temp change, I'd want to be out during.

5. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

I'm retired too, with a part time job and lots to do. I told my boss I need four weeks off for deer season. This is week number one. I'm loving it already!

Oh, the weather did turn cold (27) and I was in my tree stand dark and early this morning. Life is grand. Except for the doe that came by about 8:30. She's hanging in the garage right now. I've got three more tags (and more available), so I guess I'll force myself back in the tree soon. :D

6. widgeon

Answer: When the wind blows like a banshee for three days, it just don't matter.! :no