Colorado Gun Bills

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Losthwy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Losthwy

Losthwy Elite Refuge Member

HB1224- Ban magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
    HB1226- Repeal current law to carry concealed firearms on college campus.
    HB1228- additional fee (tax) when purchasing firearms.
    HB1229- Prohibit and criminalize private transfer of firearms.

2. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

What have y'all done????:eek:

Will Magpul really give you the long finger?

3. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I think our legislators have screwed us in re any chance of Magpul staying put.

The legislators completely missed Magpul's point and promised that it would still be legal to manufacture here, just not to sell them...a awful lot of emotion and pizz poor info that some of these decisions are being based upon.

4. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

I have a few thoughts on that.

Like most of us have a wish list of guns. If I find a good deal on a gun I like I'll buy it. Why should I have to pay for the same background check over and over again?
    By contrast, the state has no problem footing the bill for drug screening for job applicants.

What does this do to Trinidad College gunsmith program?

My wife and I are getting old. We can't survive a violent attack if we are unarmed. I'm comfortable with a large capacity firearm. IMO these laws take protection away from the ones who need it most - women and the elderly.

It seems to me that the gunmen in mass shootings are cowards who mostly pick locations where they know victims are unarmed. Doesn't this make our schools more of a target?

Many firearms have been passed down for generations and were carried in the fights that made this country. Do these families now need the government backround check, fee, and CBI approval just to keep their own heirloom and heritage? What if the deceased had a collection of firearms? Sounds expensive.

3 Democratic House members from my part of the state have been the only Dems to go against the party line. Senator Giron (sponsor of in-state tuition for illegal aliens) has refused to discuss the issue with constituents. As far as I know there is no way for voters to express their wishes to her.

5. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

6. Alamosa

750 of us showed up at the Pueblo library yesterday to voice opposition to the gun control bills.
    The room they selected only held 250 so the other 500 of us stood outside.
    At one point those of us excluded chanted "We want to be heard"

This senator's vote is an important swing vote, but she wishes to go against most constituents wishes and will likely the legislation.
    This same senator (Giron) is sponsoring the bill to grant illegal aliens in-state tuition.

2 people spoke in support of the legislation and 40 against. Only 1 of 3 local TV stations covered it. On the others the top story was the weather report.
    The senator was boo'd when she spoke of her admiration for Biden and she generated laughter when she spoke of how effective additional background checks would be.

Many in the crowd outside recognized a local leftist college professor who came to support the proposed gun laws. Like most of us, he came too late to get into the small room. He endured some good natured ribbing from the crowd - "Bought any guns lately", "Did you come to support our gun rights?". He quickly left.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/local...cle_150d7122-7e47-11e2-b20d-001a4bcf887a.html

7. Alamosa

8. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

So during the hearing on Weapons Ban this week The State of Colorado was asked ok on FORM 4473 It states it is illegal to use illegal drugs for any purpose do you do so?So a person smokes pot that a Doctor has prescribed in Colorado and Lies on Form 4473 in order to purchase a Firearm,1st they have just brokem a Federal Law,2nd now the State of Colorado has said they have only prosecuted 1 case as the person was a grower and had all sorts of so called bag guns.Illegal is Illegal and if they cant follow the law then why bother with trying to Incorporate new laws they wont be able to Enforce either?You elected some great Officials!!!

9. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

Dont worry about it State of Colorado said they wont chase paper trail felons so buy and sell as you see fit

10. Alamosa

Poll results from the Pueblo Chieftain

[​IMG]