Colorado Sooner

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by shaneatkinson82, Oct 9, 2014.

1. shaneatkinson82

shaneatkinson82 New Member

Hey all. I am new to the forums. I am currently stationed at Fort Carson Colorado but I call Oklahoma home. Married. Just had my first child, a girl born May 2014. Love all types of hunting.

Interested in browsing these forums and meeting new people to hunt with and finding areas where I can go in both Colorado and Oklahoma. I have not been hunting since 2010 due to deployments and a move to Germany. I cannot wait to get back at it now that I am back home.

Look forward to gleaming off y'alls wisdom on this site.

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Shane - welcome to Colorado and congrats on your baby girl.

Thank you too for your service to our country - it is greatly appreciated.

The CO forum here is pretty dead as you can see. Most of the guys that used to post here got kicked off a bunch of years ago and they started their own forum which you can find pretty easily through google. It is a forum for Colorado Waterfowl...:dv

I think that there is some ok hunting down on the base there so check around a bit.

Hope you have a great season, and keep your powder dry.

3. shaneatkinson82

shaneatkinson82 New Member

Thanks for the thank you, warm welcome, and additional information. I've browsed "the other site." I'll try not to get kicked out. Just looking to gain some knowledge. As for base hunting I need to find water first or at least a field them geese are using. I might have to go check out Pinon Canyon also.

4. fkreller

fkreller Senior Refuge Member

I live near Monument, and so far the only geese I have seen have been roosting on sewage ponds. :fp