Colorado Springs trainer

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by quackadikt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

I'm going to be at Fort Carson for 2-4 months starting in a few weeks. I have a 7mo old Springer pup that doesn't need to sit at home in a kennel and have nothing to do for the time that I'm gone. My wife won't exercise her like she needs to be, and she definitely won't be worked any. I figured if I can find a trainer somewhere close to that area, I might could just send her to a trainer while I'm there. Any info would surely be appreciated.

2. Losthwy

Losthwy Elite Refuge Member

Tim Harris is in the area, don't know if he does Springers.

3. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

Fort Carson needs a wetland area developed along Fountain Creek for fellas like you.
    ... wait a moment while I drag out my soapbox.

The powers-that-be are beside themselves on what to do about Fountain Creek (just east of Ft Carson). They need to slow the velocity of water and have more control over it. The area is used by a large population of waterfowl and it is remarkably similar to the area along the Rio Grand South of ABQ near Soccorro (where they have done a GREAT job with the wetlands).

I tell anyone who will listen that this area could be engineered with a series of 4 to 10 ponds that could provide control over the water volume and flow, and improve water quality. In additition you could provide opportunities like:

- The DOW could create it's first permanent waterfowl banding facility.
    - We could have a series of hunting blinds with a reservation system with priority given to the Ft Carson soldiers. A lot of these soldiers are a long way from home and need that recreation opportunity.
    - DU could have an opportunity to delelop a nesting habitat area.
    - The retriever training clubs could have an area to hold their scheduled training and events.
    - Trout unlimited could probably sponser a pond that would fit in well with the others and provide a fishing opportunity.

ok. rant over.