Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Coming Back to ID

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Hambone, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Hambone

Hambone Elite Refuge Member

First time I've been on here for about 6 years but attending my daughter's wedding in Boise last weekend got me thinking about all the good times I spent in the marshes and rivers of SE Idaho. Took me a couple years longer than I planned but I announced my retirement at the end of this school year and will now have time to come visit my kids and spend time running dogs and hunting in ID next year. I see that the outfitters got their way and now you have to compete with them for hunting spots. Sad to hear but I guess it was inevitable - money talks. If you see an old fart with a yellow lab in a Gator Trax with a Mudbuddy Kawasaki 29 at the ramp come over and say hi. Afraid I can't get the wife to move back out there full-time but now that I have an "anchor baby" in Boise I can get her to come out for visits at least. Then I'll put her on the plane back to Illinois and go hunting! Good to see there are still some of the old crowd still on here. Guess I'll be hanging out here once in a while again. Have a great season and leave a few for next year!

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Don't be a stranger to this state forum. I used to enjoy your posts.

Gonna try to retire next summer myself. Can't wait to have more time to scout and hunt.

3. Hambone

HH, Yes, you want to retire while your health is good and you can still enjoy hunting and all the other outdoor activities you have missed all your working life. Can't wait to spend the entire months of Sept. Oct and Nov. outdoors with the dogs and hunting.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Welcome on your " homecoming"

5. Hambone

Salt, Yes, even though I was born and raised 30 miles from the Mississippi River in So. IL and lived there for most of my life after 7 great years in ID I consider it my hunting "home". Don't get no better.

6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

My brother-in-law, who has spent a career teaching the blind and visually handicapped in Oregon, will retire next summer also. We are both into hunting and now into triathlon and I see many days pursuing fun stuff in our future.

7. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Awesome news buddy. We'll do some hunts and have a beer or two. Will be good to see you again!

8. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Outstanding.... you doing your hunting in SE or over by Boise?
    Matt

9. Hambone

Matt,
    Both . . . everywhere and anywhere I want to! Man it feels good to type that! :tu

Steve, I will definitely call when I'm headed west. Looking forward to those beers and hunting together.

10. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Your welcome in my blind, when your over this way....
    Matt