Complete newbie saying hello

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by Michael Hall, May 23, 2018.

1. Michael Hall

Michael Hall New Member

Hello! I stumbled across this forum while looking for hunting information online, so I decided to join up to hopefully pick everyone's brains.

I am completely new to this. I decided late last year that I wanted to get in to bird hunting with zero experience under my belt. I live in a major city, and I hadn't even seen a shotgun in person. Since then, I've taken several hunter education courses (the basic course to qualify for a permit, a waterfowling ID course, and an orienteering course), got my firearms license, joined a shotgun sports club, and purchased a gently used Beretta 686.

I feel decently comfortable at breaking clays at this point, but really got in to this too late in the season to actually go hunting last winter. I'm hoping to find some advice and guidance about all aspects of bird hunting - especially on public lands in New England - so I can be successful and enjoy my time outside. Looking forward to interacting with everyone here!

2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard! Just keep surfing around the ‘fuge. Ya never know when a pearl will be found. :tu

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge!

Holy cow - sounds like you have jumped in with both feet. That's awesome. Be sure to check out the sub-forums here at the Refuge for your local area. If you haven't already, drop in there and introduce yourself. Chances are you'll find some likeable fellows to give some good advice.