Concow is on fire

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by fishdog, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Not sounding good at all.

2. Haymaker

Haymaker New Member

Prayers to the families in paradise, concow and other towns involved

3. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Yesterday morning around 7 I noticed a little smoke cloud over in the foothills. By ten am day had turned to night at my location in Willows. The fire tore thru Paradise and this morning Forest Ranch and south East Chico are burning or threatened.

God only knows how many people, horses and other pets didn’t make it out yesterday. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

4. muckin'around

muckin'around Refuge Member

Friend of freinds sent them this pic of Honey Run Covered Bridge on Butte Creek sometime before 8:45 last night. Hopefully it's not the last picture of the bridge, but that does not look.

Best wishes for everyone out there. And Red Cross is of course taking donations. God speed. IMG_28621.jpg

5. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Senior Refuge Member

I don't have any latest updates except late last night from Chico Enterprise. East Chico and Forrest Ranch are being evacuated. Also the fire has possibly moved into Durham. Prayers!

6. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Damn!!!!
    Brutal, I don't have much to donate, except time.
    If anyone hears of anyone in need of anything please post it up and I'll see what I can come up with.
    Thanks and God bless everyone effected.
    Stay safe.

7. beandog

beandog Senior Refuge Member

Current fire perimeter from on X. Wind forecast for the next few days is W/NW. Hopefully this will help. Prayers to all affected by this devastation.
    Camp Fire 11-9.png

8. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Cal Fire just updated the size to 70,000 acres (in just 26 hours!). Containment is at 5%, probably just that little stretch along hwy 99. At this rate, it could hit 200,000 today, WOW. Good luck to all involved!

9. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Until the wind subsides, this fire is going to be an issue and with the current forecasted winds, it could be a whole other slew of issues if it gets established across Highway 70. There's lots of unforgiving ground out there. Listening to the briefing this morning, sounds like that southern/eastern edge and west/north edges are a top priority...... The stuff to the west is in some favorable country and fuels where the firefighting efforts should be able to make some good progress. All that stuff North/Northeast/East is some rough ground with less than ideal access.

Mother nature will dictate when they get a handle on this thing.

My thoughts go out to all those that are affected by this. Just having gone through this with the Carr and having been involved in lots of these incidents over the years, it's a brutal deal. There's nothing you effectively can do when the wind is in control, aside from get out of its way and keep your crew and the public safe.

10. MattGrima

MattGrima Senior Refuge Member

She’s out and safe in Chico. 2 evacuations through the night. We’ll be picking her up once we can get to her.

letmwurk, Sweatliner, AzSprig and 6 others like this.