Congrats!!

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Ruff, May 26, 2003.

1. kodyb

kodyb Senior Refuge Member

Hey where is everyone who lives up here?

2. wt1

wt1 Senior Refuge Member

Hey Kody, I cant imagine you being on this site, lol. How is the fishing, I am sure going to miss running those hunt test with you AK Hunters. How your dad's pup doing? No NAHRA clubs in KY only UKC/HRA, plan on running a few in the fall. Then I am heading to the sand over hunting season, sucks. Sure going to miss that 1st day of September this year, trying to convice the boss we did to retire up there.

3. kodyb

hey Bill. The AKC starts this weekend and our NAHRA event is in two weeks, There is now a UKC/HRC club in Fairbanks that starts next weekend. My Dads got 2 pups he's training up and they are doing well. I am actually running Jeffs younger dog for our event while he is out of town. It was great hearing from you, hopefully you can make it back up here soon.

4. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

This is great, we will be sure to let everyone know how it is to be the first decooy spread the ducks ever see!!!

5. wt1

wt1 Senior Refuge Member

Hey Big, That looks like the shore of the Knik River, looks like someone had a good morning.

6. bigreid

That is exactly the shore of the Knik. It sure is nice to be the first spread many ducks see!!!! The only problem with hunting up here is they are all still brown!! We don't see color until later in season.

7. wt1

wt1 Senior Refuge Member

Big, you are making me feel bad, I just found out that I am going to spend my hunting season in the desert sand. I hunted down rabbit slough and off the atv trail on the palmer flats.

8. bigreid

Dessert sand sucks! Only three more months until season up here, although plenty of salmon to pass the time! Knik was great last year. The warm weather allowed us to hunt it deep into November! It was awesome!

9. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

congrats & good luck

10. kodyb

Hey Bill, when you headed to the desert? How long you going to be there? How is that young dog of yours doing? Still running field trials and hunt tests? If you ever make it back up here let me know. Talk to you later