converting mp3 to cda

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by slab, May 23, 2003.

1. slab

slab Refuge Member

can someone please explain hot to convert mp3 files to cda files to burn on a cd that i can play in my truck.

thanks.

2. Ymmit-the-hunter

Ymmit-the-hunter Elite Refuge Member

It shouldnt matter. I burn mp3s right to the cd with out changing anything and they play just fine in my car and even on my home system too.

3. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

What type of software are you using to burn? Most of the newer ones do the convert for you.

4. Bigjohn44

Bigjohn44 Senior Refuge Member

Use Roxio CD creator!

5. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

6. Ymmit-the-hunter

Nero Mix

Some of the places to get music like Bearshare have BurnCD capability.

7. NCWaterfowler

NCWaterfowler Elite Refuge Member

Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure you are using a CD-R and NOT a CD-RW....

8. Mojo

Mojo Senior Refuge Member

slab, some software for burning cd's will automatically convert mp3's to wav format during the burning process without actually creating a wav file (which are around 10 times or more the size of an mp3 file for the same track) that your computer has to store. If your software doesn't do this, then you will have to use a conversion program. I have both Winamp (free download at www.winamp.com ) and CDex (free download at http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ ) with CDex you can also convert tracks from a cd into wav or mp3 format. There are some detailed instructions here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133809
    As I said earlier, the wav files are usually at least 10 times as large as mp3 files, so you will need to be sure that you have plenty of space in your computer wherever you designate the files to be stored, and if you are short on space, you can convert just a few at a time and then burn them to disc, then delete them from the file, and then convert some more and on and on. I believe that Easy CD Creator 5.0 software is available at most electronic stores for around $60, and that software, I believe, does the conversion automatically without creating a wav file that has to be stored, and has quite a few other neat features too. Have fun, Mojo.

9. D Duck

D Duck Moderator Moderator

I use Nero as well. Too easy!:D

10. Ymmit-the-hunter

Aint that the truth.

Does anyone use the New Yamaha(sp?) CD-RW burner? If so what do you think of being able to label the cd on the Bottom? Any luck with specific color CD's?