Cool Eclipse Photo

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by AvianQuest, Aug 21, 2017.

1. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I see many of them and something like a train? Did Russians already started Rail Road service on the Sun?

2. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

The others are Sunspots, darker, cooler areas on the surface of the sun. They have a temperature of about 3,800 degrees Kelvin while the rest of the sun's surface has a temperature of 5,800 degrees K.

3. Stewartdco

Stewartdco New Member

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Aliens shooting harmful rays that will blind those humanoids who are not wearing those special sunglasses. They are exclusively manufactured in factories on another planet owned by a secret intergalactic corporation , and sold through other humanoids who are under alien mind control.

Just sayin.

5. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

It's a Tie Fighter - the space station thing is just a cover story.

Squaller and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  6. yote72571

yote72571 New Member

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I thought I initially read that you took that picture while out "crapping," as I must have had a bit of early morning dyslexia...:nutz

Very cool pictures.... Learned a bit about the eclipse.

As an eye doctor, I got to see some patients that either had, or thought that had issues from looking.

Luckily, no solar retinopathy (damage to the retina is generally permanent). I have seen in the past a number of "sun-worshipers" who were blind from solar retinopathy due to "sun-gazing." But I was thrilled not to see any issues from the eclipse.

I did have a couple people with solar keratopathy (corneal burns), and have treated them.

Not dealing with solar eclipses very often, and having been some time since I was in school, I had to hit the books before the eclipse, so that when patients came in, I was prepared. I suppose that education and media played a role in scaring most people not to look, as I only had a handful of incidents, and a smaller handful of legitimate issues.

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I had already taken my morning crap well before the eclipse Marc.:clap
    I didn't have the proper viewing lens, a matter of fact I had a pair of Costa's a pair of Maui Jim's and a pair of Ray Ban's stacked together, no joke! So I could only take very quick glimpses, I swear the sun seemed brighter when it was partially covered.
    Other people that did have the proper welding lenses said that they saw the small halo off to the right side of the sun as well. UFO maybe?:l:z
    I did notice that the dove really started to fly when the eclipse was in it's fullest stage. I thought that was a pretty bitch'in sight to see!:tu