Cop hating threads

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by 257 Roberts, Jun 1, 2014.

1. tennduckdog

tennduckdog Elite Refuge Member

It's not that people expect cops to be perfect angels, they're human just like the rest of us, they screw up just like the rest of us. Where I think a lot of us get our general dislike of the profession is that when one does screw up in a big way, the rest of them rush to his defense and try to find justification in what they did regardless of how obscene. They get bashed on because they choose to align themselves with the slimiest of their breed instead of culling with extreme prejudice.

2. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, three threads at once is a little much.....

That's exactly the wrong thing to say and way off the point. When police go do anything, they are doing it in the name of the people in that community.

The people in that Georgia town didn't want a flash-bang grenade thrown into a crib in their name.

The people of Cleveland don't want two unarmed suspects killed in their name.

The people of Virginia didn't want ABC cops storming a car full of girls (who didn't have any alcohol) in a 7-11 parking lot in their name.

Etc, etc.

The police in this country make way too many mistakes like this. If all you cops out there who care about what you do get mad about conversations like this, I'd suggest you need to look at your own ranks to wed out the causes.

3. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

Pretty sure the cops didn't aim for the crib.

Pretty sure the cops had a reasonable idea they were armed at the time and would have preferred the suspects walked through a metal detector first.

Please don't lump in ABC with cops.

By whose count? There are thousands of cops in this country. If we hear about one mistake every day in a year we are still talking minuscule numbers.

I've grown to realize that there are just a lot of unrealistic complainers out there who don't really have a grasp of real life so I don't get mad about conversations like this. I find it laughable that people keep bringing up this crap.

Sometimes bad things just happen, no matter what you do, what you say, or how many times you wiped your butt that morning. If you want to blame someone, blame God, because everything happens for a reason, and the cops don't have a master plan for the world.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Clint Eastwood.

5. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

Whats your point? The point of MY post was that the POLICE didn't take ANY of those things...the officials that are voted into public office are responsible for that.

Its helpful when you start blaming folks for things, if you actually blame those responsible.

Based on your post, I can blame my high utility bill on the guys at Walmart.

And while we're at it, I read where a guy that works at the local supermarket sold some drugs to a kid that left the kid brain damaged. So do we all hate supermarket guys now?

ncb

6. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

I don't think this is about throwing a stone the size of a golf ball. Metaphorically it is about LEOs hurling softball sized rocks at unarmed people. And in the case in Cleveland, dropping 2 boulders on the heads of 2 already dead citizens.

And what irks many is the double standard in prosecuting the LEOs who were clearly over the line -- if we citizens did the same as these LEOs did we'd be charged for aggravated assault, attempted murder or murder. When they do it often they get a slap on the wrist or at most a manslaughter charge (Cleveland). It is like they get an automatic get out of jail card just because they are LEOs. And they wonder many of us citizens do not trust them?

7. swamprat II

swamprat II Elite Refuge Member

8. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

9. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

This always said everyone hates the cops till they need one!! Was on a call once and lady son was out of control, she started cussing us.. bla bla this you all are this that.. Sgt goes lady you called us because you needed us!

All the bashing is because everyone is sick of bashing government and know its not doing any good or going anywhere so they have moved on..

10. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member