Cop murder

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by CPLZ, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

Yeh....no one sided writing in that article....

Hint, anytime you read anything with such an obvious one-sided slant, think that they may have an agenda.:reader

2. ReaPeR105

I was quoting you to show you as an ignored member. Who knew your quote would show up.
    Once again, you are very wrong. No agenda here. Just a guy who is very turned off by such one-sided opinions passed off as news.

3. ReaPeR105

And then your quote didn't show up in my reply. Oh well.

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I agree they should have covered the person who the warrant was for and how he lived there 10 years ago.

5. ReaPeR105

It's known among cops that the oldest address on record for someone is often where they grew up and since homes often stay in the family for decades it's a very good place to start looking for them.
    You seem to like criticizing cops a lot without knowing much about the job.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

FIFY

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The article is obviously a one-sided sensational editorial... But more due to the wording and thus the emotion expressed.

My immediate response was to dismiss the article due to the sensational edge... However I did look up the incident on Google, and virtually everything posted had the same facts (and some degree of sensationalism).

We know that:
    • The police had a warrant to enter the house.
    • The person they had the warrant for had not resided there in 10 years.
    • The police shot the dog of the current owners of the house (completely removed from the person they were searching for).
    • The dog was inside a fence.
    • The dog was shot during a child's birthday party.
    • The police have refused to respond to the media except to say that the shooting was warranted under the given circumstances.
    That is it... That is all the facts we have.

I have no idea if there was a tactical reason not to enter from the front door while having other officers watch the back? But, I do assume that they approached from the back as not to alert the suspect if he was there and cut off the most likely avenue for escape...

I would also argue that if there was good reason for the shooting, that the police department should be a bit more transparent in the reasoning of such. It very well might not be as bad as it sounds, but sound bad it does. However, I am not quite ready to make a rant on a social media outlet about it just yet.

8. Lip Shooter

Maybe that is it.

Only people who have worked as cops would know what is right or wrong for cops to do.

9. blood of the ram

blood of the ram Elite Refuge Member

Yep that whole "profession" is pretty darn complicated. I hear that some places require people to have two years of book learning beyond high school before they can even apply.

10. Lip Shooter

That is how I read the article as well. I kinda just read facts and even those I am suspicious of. I do not read into the fluff, just the facts ma'am just the facts.

I would enjoy reading or learning about other facts dismissed from this story. Maybe the cops have those facts and they just do not want to share them.