Cop murder

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by CPLZ, Apr 7, 2015.

1. 480/277y

480/277y Senior Refuge Member

In a country full of mediocrity, why should you expect more from LEO's?

Didn't you hear? It was warranted under the circumstances. Nothing to see, move along.

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I hear ya and think until this changes it is going to be harder and harder to be a cop.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Well, y'all know I'm a supporter of LEOs, but I just can't see how this one was justified. Federal appeals court upheld that the officer did nothing wrong. I would say if they guy was pulled over for being aggressive would have been one thing, but these cops rolled up on the scene of a wreck, and the truck driver was walking back to the vehicle to swap insurance with the SUV driver. The cop even admitted he had screwed up. I hope this young airman can sue in civil court, of he hasn't already.

http://www.oanow.com/news/updated-w...cle_8af8d3b2-0508-11e7-b636-fb00e50ad73c.html

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I noticed a couple things about this video...

1. BLM did not get involved. Unarmed and not in the process of a crime...
    2. There was not a national news story on this event.

Who gets out of the car when a cop pulls up on them? Maybe I have had a bit too much experience being pulled over, but I know the last thing you do is get out of the vehicle without being told....

Honestly, the kid should not have been, and certainly did not deserve to be shot... But, I could see this as a legitimate mistake. Kid came out of the car quickly (in the dark) holding something black in his hand, and when told to show his hands, moved the black wallet towards the officer...

Bad deal for everyone. Had the kid been a minority, it would have been far worse (politically/socially speaking).

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I think he was getting out already. The truck driver was out, and walking to the SUV when the cop pulled up. All I see is a trigger-happy cop. I hope he no longer works for the Opelika PD. My wife said he had a nervous breakdown shortly after the shooting. She also said she read somewhere the driver said he was getting out with his wallet in hand to trade info with the truck driver, and that's why it was in his hand when the cop pulled up. I'm sure the officer feels crappy.

6. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Maybe the person who called the cop in the first place to report an accident.

7. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Notice how many of these police shootings come from states with low police training standards?

8. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

I see the kid moving his arms wide right before he's shot. The shooting seems wrong, but I could see how a court could decide this in the officer's favor.

Squaller likes this.
  9. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

Got anything to support that?

10. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I watched the shooting three times and while I can appreciate and support an LEO's need to shoot first if the situation requires it, it strikes me that this one shot too quickly.

Squaller and Steve Borgwald like this.