Cop Shoots Mother and Child

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by joe117, Apr 1, 2008.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Anyone want to talk about the case where Officer White shot a woman and her 8 year old son?
    We can stick to the things we actually know and avoid buying into misrepresentations by the media.
    And we can avoid personal attacks.
    Here’s the story as reported.

I’ll start by asking about misrepresentations by the media.
    Let’s point them out.

SAN DIEGO -- The off-duty San Diego police officer who shot an unarmed woman and her 8-year-old son during an apparent road-rage incident in a North County parking lot remained a free man Thursday, as authorities revealed more details of the incident.

Four of the five bullets fired by Officer Franklin White outside a Lowe's store in Oceanside two weekends ago went through the windshield of 27-year-old Rachel Silva's four-door Honda, Oceanside police said during a news conference.

Silva was shot twice in her right arm and her child was shot in his left leg. They each spent about five days in hospitals but are expected to recover.

The agency has slowly disclosed its investigative findings about the March 15 incident, which so far has not resulted in any arrests or criminal charges.
    White, 28, who has been a San Diego police officer since October 2005, has made no public statements about the case.
    He is on administrative leave pending the outcome of investigations into his actions.

http://www.10news.com/news/15727958/detail.html

2. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

Okay, how about this. We know the cops have not yet arrested her for assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle), because they have not finished their investigation yet. We also know they have not charged her with Driving Under the Influence because the results of the blood test are not yet back. We also know they have not charged her with Felony Endangering of a Child, again due to blood test results.

Anything else?:l :grvn

3. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

POS.......Ignorant SOB......:mad:

4. joe117

We know the cops have not yet arrested her for assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle), because they have not finished their investigation yet.

Actually we don't know that Officer White even claims that she tried to use the vehicle as a weapon.

We also know they have not charged her with Driving Under the Influence because the results of the blood test are not yet back.

We don't actually know that the PD is waiting for blood alcohol test data to come back.
    You might tell us if two weeks is a typical wait time for that data.

We also know they have not charged her with Felony Endangering of a Child, again due to blood test results.

That would be a hoot wouldn't it. She gets charged for dwi and endangering her kid and Officer White walks after shooting both of them.:l

Well, you never know.
    But I'm thinking that a charge of dwi doesn't come two weeks after the incident.
    Am I wrong about that?

5. muddy

muddy Elite Refuge Member

how is he making light exactly?

6. joe117

I'd rather talk about the case than start making accusations about those who post what they think.
    If someone wants to “make light” of the case, that’s up to them.

So let’s not get sidetracked talking about each other.

7. Longtom

OK joe I deleted my post. I have no desire to argue with a bunch of cops that this illegal act was somehow justified........:confused:

8. joe117

Thanks LongTom,
    You don't have to run off.

9. Longtom

I'm not going anywhere joe.......I have to bite my tongue when I read some of the responses to your cop posts.

10. Flyby

Flyby Elite Refuge Member

Longtom

Joe wants to post on "the facts" of the case. Problem is, there are very few facts. That's my point. If the officer committed a crime, I want him imprisoned and fired. I don't ever want him in law enforcement again. Problem is Joe who makes outlandish claims based on media reports that have very few facts and are usually one sided. I'll wait for the outcome of the investigation. I've been the target of two. They are very thorough.

There Joe, I hijacked your thread.

Our blood results are sent off to the state lab. It takes usually a minimum of a couple of months to get them back.

We also don't know that Officer White doesn't claim she used the vehicle as a weapon.

Again. Waaayyy too little information.