Corn so good even foiles would be jealous

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by da fowl slayer, Oct 23, 2012.

1. da fowl slayer

da fowl slayer Elite Refuge Member

i know planting corn to kill ducks is a horrible thing and makes you comparable to jeff foiles. and i know its a horrible thing but i am fixing to lightthere @$$es up.
    the clock is ticking and my fire is getting hotter and hotter!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Goose Junkie

Goose Junkie Senior Refuge Member

da fowl slayer, for the record I hope you pile them up this year.

I also hope that you take more of an interest in duck biology and sending them back north healthy. You'll get more out of your hunting that way and you might actually help the ducks in a small way. I really feel they're going to need everybody's help in the next few years. It's a very real possibility that we're going to be dealing with duck numbers and regulations like we saw in the early 80's soon.

3. da fowl slayer

brother with all due respect you dont know me!!!!!!!!! judging by how you flamed me i hope your not old enough to remember the 80's. i had you picked for 18-20 yrs old or younger by how you blew up over nothing. for your sake i hope your not older than maybe say 12-13!!!!:dv

btw you never know how much management a person does. corn is the smallest amount of work i do. i have hundreds of acres of moist soil and i have have managed several thousand of acres of moist soil. i understand how it all works brother. and i send alot of ducks back healthy way more than we kill. and i pray for the eighties to come back:reader

yes i was hunting and doing projects then as well:reader

and i also stick by my statement that most biologist i have met are not hunters and they dont want them killed. and i have worked hand and hand with these folks on projects

and i also hope you take some interest in learning about someone before you compare them to a jailed felon convicted of breaking laws in two different countries. they have a deal on this forum called search. you could spend sometime searching and learning about people before you cast judgement.

kind of like i did when i wanted to learn about managing impoundments!!!!!!! that way you dont come into a battle of wits unarmed which only leaves you one choice and that is to belittle people ie comparing me to foiles....

so you keep sending ducks back north and hating on people who want to kill em, and i will keep piling em up in piles so big carl lewis cant run and jump over em!!!! that sound like a deal?

4. Goose Junkie

These are your exact words:

"These biologist mostly are for building duck projects that feed up and build up for the return flight. I manage my places to kill the he11 out of them I ain't much on being a biologist".

I stand by my comparison to Jeff Foiles style of duck management based on those comments. Never said or implied anything about you being a poacher or felon in any capacity.

So while I may have flamed you for making those comments, you also stereotyped biologists and as a result flamed some people I know and respect very much in the process. I felt the need to defend those folks.

I did jump your case and for that I apologize. I'm sorry you took offense to what I said.

I guess your style just confuses me. On one hand you say you manage your hunting ground to kill the he11 out of them and ain't much on being a biologist. On the other hand you say you take an interest in ducks, moist-soil, and sending them back healthy. I didn't realize I was supposed to do a search on your profile to point out that you made a comment that I felt needed to be addressed.

I'm done with this discussion in this forum though. If you want to discuss it further feel free to send me a PM.

5. da fowl slayer

now that wasnt so hard was it.:dv:dv this is the internet slick dont take yourself so seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a good season:tu

6. Goose Junkie

All good. So back on topic. Your corn looks good. What kind of yield did ya get?

7. ira

ira Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Certainly, here in Missouri, WRP and CP projects are built with plans that favor the return migration heavily over attracting ducks in the fall. Not saying this is a bad thing, you just have to work harder if you want many ducks on them in the fall.

Kev, looks like you have provided the buffet. Bet they will show up and gorge like we did at the chinese buffet in Brookfield when you were up here snow goose hunting! Woods, carbs and protiens= burgers, crab rangoon, spaghetti, french fries, prime rib, salad.

Way to cover the bases. Diversity, diversity, diversity

8. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

I know some farmers around here that would be invious of ears (of corn) that look like that.

Good luck. About mid Jan when we get that warm snap send some of those ducks that will be in better shape back north to me so I can kill the hell out of them.

9. da fowl slayer

130 bu per acre
    Ira that place was horrible but i was so hungry i ate for 4 haha. next weekend opener in ks. i wont be hunting corn just a little moistsoil impoundment
    but i still hope to wackem good
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. da fowl slayer

always a good sign when your brushing blinds and they keep trying to land in front of the blind
    [​IMG]