Costas from Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by huntersdad, Mar 7, 2018.

1. huntersdad

huntersdad Elite Refuge Member

I need to replace my prescription sunglasses and I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Costas. I checked with my eye doc and their frames are pretty much retail prices. I did a quick search and Sierra came up with the frames I want for about half price. The only thing I'm not sure about is the lenses that come with them are the 400G, not the 580P that I want.

Are the specs for the P's the same as the G's in the way of size/thickness (is this an easy trade out)? Anyone ever ordered from Sierra?

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Can't speak to the Costa question, but I have ordered a ton of stuff from STP over the years. Top notch service.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  3. huntersdad

Thanks Hayden. For some reason I thought I had ordered from them before and they were legit, but just wanted to verify.

Now to get the other question answered...

4. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Lenses should be the same thickness as they make the frames to work with all lenses.

STP used to be awesome but I've noticed lately that their prices are about the same as everywhere else and the deals aren't as good. I do once in a while find a smoking deal but that's getting harder to do.

5. huntersdad

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to be sure.