Cotton Single Bags for DSD Lessers

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Spencer5100, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

I have been running my DSD Lessers in 6 slot bags since I bought them, but want to add single bags as well and double bag them this season.

In the past, I have used the counter bags from Cleaner's Supply to single bag my Hardcores and honestly, I haven't been impressed by them.

I bought some used DSDs from a guy on here a while back and he gave me white cotton bags about the same size as the counter bags with them. I really prefer the softer cotton if I am going to go through the trouble to double bag them. I'm looking to buy a bunch of these, can someone point me towards a source or drop the name of some that they have had good success with?

Thanks,
    Spencer

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Glad Flex trash bags. Seriously. Easier/quicker to get the decoys into than cloth and eliminates burnishing against slotted bag material.

3. birdhunter98

birdhunter98 Senior Refuge Member

Cotton will wear flocking down quicker(more friction) I do the plastic bag my dsds came in, in a cleaners supply laundry bag(polyester) then six slot bag them. Cotton soaks water, and they seem to break down quicker. I have had good results with my cleaners supply bags, but you need to get the polyester kind. The cleaners supply counter bags look to be cotton. I am needing some more plastic bags. I would imagine trash compactor bags would work equally as good or better than glad flex bags...

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Absolutely right!!
    I use the cheapest plastic bags we have at home.

5. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

Just save the plastic bags the DSD's come in an use those. That's what I've done for the last 5 yrs or so.