Coyote Howlers

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by applevalleyjoe, Jan 28, 2005.

1. applevalleyjoe

applevalleyjoe Refuge Member

What's your most effective coyote howler? I use the MAD CUSTOM CHERRY COYOTE HOWLER.

2. Matt Barnard

Matt Barnard Elite Refuge Member

Take a good look at the Red Desert howler. The original JS CH-1 WAS the best. Too big to hunt with, but far and away the best barker and howler there was. Not any more. Sorry HS, but you RUINED a great call in a cost saving move. Knight and Hale has come out with a new one this year, it is GREAT!!!!! Small enough to hunt with good volume. Full range of sounds. Priomos' Randy Anderson series is TOP SHELF stuff. Sceery howler has great volume, may be a bit large to hunt with. All this is just my opinion from 30 yrs. of pred. hunting.

3. mallard masher

mallard masher Senior Refuge Member

CENTRAL IL, RIVERBOTTOMS, LAND OF THE GIANTS
    those new primos randy anderson howlers are awsome, i have both of them, the little dog and the hot dog. great calls. awsome howler and u can also use them for distress calls also. :tu

4. AL-IA

AL-IA Senior Refuge Member

I've have always wanted to get a custom howler, and that would be the Cronk Howler.-AL-IA

5. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

Randy Anderson hot dog and lil dog. Both sound great and are very versitle. Could probably get along well enough with the lil dog.

Do you think they will ever make them out of acrylic? Got a feeling the sound would be even better.