Coyote problems

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by cholt, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

As for coyotes killing deer? Ky. has one of the healthiest rack producing herds in the Nation due mostly to our one buck rule that the KDFWR put into place in the 80s. Shoot more does(or let the yotes have them!) A balanced herd where the young bucks have the chance to live a few years will produce trophies.

And we also have a rather healthy population of yotes... I don't mind shooting one once in awhile but I also enjoy hearing their call of the wild at night.

2. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Last night I was trying to go to bed and neighbors beagle which usually doesn’t bark a lot was barking but it sounded different, well I look out bedroom window and thought I saw a deer in his yard got the light and well it was ol coyote had beagle pinned under his truck starring him down I ran him off but something is fixing to give last time I checked humans were top predators so I ordered a dozen # 2 traps and a bag of lure also buddy brought me some snares so something is fixing to die and I hope a lot of them everyone in neighborhood has been told and are aware of the growing problem so they are 100% glad I’m doing it

WoodieSC likes this.