Crappie Jig

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by fireduck, Apr 2, 2014.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I like jigs in Monkey Milk, use a bobber above them, and reel slowly over cover. Bobby Garland jigs. Also like orange with chartreuse tails (can't think of the name, think it's like slab slayer or something).

2. BellwoodBill

BellwoodBill New Member

i got a tip to try a few years ago...red and whit mini tube jigs on a black head....tried it one night and out caught everything and every one else ...i havent stopped using it since,..it produces in all conditions and in many different places...i know i have caught more crappies on red and white tube jigs than all the other colors combined...its unreal and my buddies swear by them as well....just a redhead with a white tail...works like a charm day and night

3. XR-2 Fan

XR-2 Fan Elite Refuge Member

I've been using the jim porter perfect crappie jig the last few months and really like them. Gray ghost and lightnin bug are 2 of my favorite colors.

4. Blackdog88

Blackdog88 Refuge Member

I am also a huge fan of black and chartreuse. I run the 1.5 sliders on a 1/8 oz roadrunner and it is simply amazing. I used to be a minnow man and this has definitely converted me. I haven't bought a minnow in years! Oh, and I do not use a bobber. Just a cast and slow slow retrieve. Good luck!

5. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Ultralite,I have 3 Plueger Presidents in Ultralite on Fenwick spinning rods, they are very very nice for about 125.00 each.