Creation Museum

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by CharlieC, Oct 18, 2009.

1. wckrisher

wckrisher Senior Refuge Member

Suggest you read Dr. Hidegood on the death sentence listed here on the forum

2. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I agree 100%.

3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Interesting... An arguement about the presence of God and Christianity, or lack there of.... An impossible arguement to win or lose...

It is interesting that across the whole world that every culture has some form of religion, and every single religion has a form of the 10 commandments that are all almost the same. :scratch

I very seriously doubt that anyone on this forum is going to change the religious views of anyone else. I believe it takes a major life event to make us question our belief or lack there of of religion....

4. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Well, he certainly doesn't need our 'credit', but yes he created it all...even the failed galAxies.

Or, one can go with the goo doing it.

5. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

God is all powerful and active....got it. Now you have said that you see god doing things all of the time. Can you be specific? Does he do things for you personally?

6. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

On the start believing thing: That seems to be the thing about most things supernatural. You have to believe in them first. In not a fan of this approach it leads to delusions that we humans are very vulnerable to.

One morning just after my father died I awoke to him calling my name. The experience was so vivid that it acctually moved me to tears. I mean I acctually felt like I was in bed at my parents house and he was waking me up for school or to go hunting like he had thousands of times. The mind is very powerful.

7. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Let's talk about God.

I see some of you saying that God not only created all things but that God is in second by second control of everyone and everything.

Is that your belief?

God is in control or he is not in control?.What?s your answer?

8. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

A parent is in control of their kids by providing food and shelter, but their kids still have the ability to get into trouble.

9. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

Question for you.

If there is no God and we all evolved from apes what does it hurt you or me if I believe in God? The worst case for me is I'll have lived a decent life and still ended up at the same spot you are. (no harm no foul) On the other hand what if this God and creation thing is actually real? I'll be okay. Will you?

You've got more to lose than I do.

10. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

So you think I should spend my life worshiping this god on the chance he really exists. Maybe I should also worship the Hindu god and the Buddha god in case they're the right ones. Thrown in a little kneeling to Mecca (or I could just blow up an infidel) and a little time beating my head on the wailing wall for good measure.

No, wait a minute that won't work. The bible frowns upon that of course. No others before me and all that stuff. So I just have to pick one and hope it's the right one. Let's see, which one makes the most sense.

Sorry none of them make any sense. But you go right ahead.

BTW what are you going to do if it's really Buddha?