Creation Museum

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by CharlieC, Oct 18, 2009.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Are you able to turn your belief on and off?
    You can't say that you believe in your god just in case he turns out to be real...... If you did that god would know that you were not sincere and he would send you to hell to burn in never ending agony like any proper god would do to any of his creations that didn?t make the grade or attempted to fool him?.

What?s that you say??. You wouldn?t treat your dog that way if he disobeyed??.

Yeah?..

2. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

Then I'll be in the same spot as you.

3. joe117

I guess the analogy you are proposing is that we are as children as god is to our parents.

And then you say we have free will to get into trouble or not.

So what if one of the children goes into his school and starts shooting his teachers and classmates?
    Twenty or thirty believers who were doing nothing but good?.and now they are dead.

Was god in control in this incident?
    Did god know it was going to happen?

How was god involved in this?

Should the teachers and kids who were not hurt praise god for saving them from the murderers he sent?

4. huntman

huntman Senior Refuge Member

I believe God exists and is real. Obviously you guys don't understand what I wrote. If by some chance you guys are actually right we both end up in the same spot,(I lose nothing) but If I'm right we won't end up in the same place will we?

5. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

Let's face it man if you didn't have someone before you telling you what they thought was the way go then you might feel differently. Say you were born and raised in Iran instead of Missouri you would have a completely different beliefs system. The arrogance of any and every religion is what I find the most fallible.

6. joe117

So what happens to all the Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, muslims?.and all the followers of all those other religions when you turn out to be right?

7. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

I ask people this frequently. Your belief system really comes down to geographic happenstance. It's so obvious I can't unsderstand how people can't see it.

Most Christians are Christains because that's what they were taught to be by their parents. and their parents and their parents...
    It's an indoctrination as an infant. Of course it's hard to be objective after that. In the same way it's impossible for that Muslim teenager with a bomb strapped to him in Iraq to understand how much better his life could be without his prehistoric religion.

8. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Clearly you ignore the repeated times that I've displayed your arrogance and assumption-filled posts on this, telling from someone so 'objective'. Can't imagine why you 'can't see it'.

What happened to "all", now you're going with "most"? What, lost a little faith?

Luckily, apparently some are able to overcome the indoctrination----i.e. tubshooter. You say you overcame, I say you're displaying the effects, we all have choices.:cool:

9. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

An earlier poster really had you pegged. You have nothing to say. You simply nit-pick at what others have posted and add zero to the discussion. It's why I ignore you most of the time. Try to say something INTERESTING for Christ sake!! (it's just an expression so spare me)

10. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

You continually make assumptions about others (that is when you're not insulting them) that you do not and cannot know and I'm the one not adding to the discussion? Frankly, the discussion is over---I (and some others) go with an infinite God and you (and some others) go with infinite goo disguised as 'I don't know'. Both answers are fine to the ones giving them.

What's left to discuss besides other things like dishonesty and assumptions---which exist on both sides?

You demanding 'proof' of a God from folks that believe the Bible is his word and know that said Bible clearly says the proof you demand does not exist? Is that what you want to discuss....again? If it did exist in the manner you require, all would believe, faith would be meaningless and thus salvation would not be what it is.

So, please do tell, what's left to discuss?

I'll ask again, you're now going with "most", why the change?

You're not ignoring, sir. You have nothing to counter and we both know it. I say you have every right to your position and merely point out the hypocrisy and other flaws associated with it. That leaves you empty.