Crickets

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by gadwall52, Dec 23, 2017.

1. PantherMartin

PantherMartin Elite Refuge Member

Yep. It's dead because everyone is out hunting AHM "Paper Ducks". The ducks they give us a Liberal Season on every year. And now, they give us a Liberal Season before they're even born.

If I remember correctly, AHM was adapted during the Clinton Administration. Much to the dismay of some biologists. Some consider it a result of the Deep State of the duck world. Sell more guns, decoys, clothing, ammo, drive up land lease prices, etc., for the Lobby world. Kill all you can mentality. Sound management practices don't matter anymore. The new age of duck management they called it.

It started here in the 90's as well. The Deep State of the Lobby world. It created the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Pimp Department.

We got rid of some of the Deep State Commissioners. And we got the Outfitters off the Public Land. At least something good has happened.

Around 70% of the CRP has been broken out in my area. If that's happening in the U.S. Duck Factory, and I've heard some reports of that, duck hunting looks bleak. The last time I had what I consider excellent hunting was about the time AHM took over. The U.S. duck factory was maxed out in CRP and it was wet.

Since then, AHM has Pimped out the ducks. And the Pimp Department has pimped out Kansas.

Just my opinion.

2. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

I think you need to take your tinfoil hat off and quit with the “deep state” garbage.

3. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Bartender, I'll have some of what Panther is drinking...... :joker

sylvanwilson likes this.
  4. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

The PPR is far worse off than KS in terms of loss CRP, not to mention conversion of Native Grass. They have been writing of the "storm" on the PPR horizon for 9 years. This was even before the new assault on wetland protection that has been waged this year. This truly is the double whammy.

It's going to get much worse before it gets better.

5. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

We will see 3 duck a day limits again soon I hope get rid of half the riff raff now hunting. Drought will come back to the ppr and it will be devastating without crp to protect the wetlands from the plow

6. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Not soon enough.

While we may not be considered PPR, most any Kansas farmer will tell you that if we aren't still in drought condition around here, then we're mighty close to it.

Neck Collar likes this.
  7. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

A 3 duck limit would be fine with me. Going back to a limit of 2 or 3 on Canada geese would be good too. What I really want to see is the entire population of snow geese disappear...at least from the areas I hunt.

dux/24 7 likes this.
  8. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Three ducks would be fine for me but I don't see it deterring any hunters. The assault on our northern wetlands is due to impending rules change that would make it damn difficult to do anymore tiling . CRP is going away due to lack of funding it's about completely gone here in ford co.

9. DornCounty

DornCounty Senior Refuge Member

Trumps department are a mirror of what Brownback had setup. THis isn't getting better folks. DU and other lobbies need to step up the pressure.

10. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Wifes grandfather farmed over 70 yrs in SE Kansas always told me we were only 2 weeks away from a drought i think he was very right. Just a short time of no rain and there it is drought. It will return to the ppr with a vengance due to cpr coming out of the program.and the ducks will be the losers in this one

WHUP ! Hen likes this.