Crickets

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by gadwall52, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Mallet67

Mallet67 Refuge Member

Amen. Back to a three duck limit. Shot more ducks back in the day with 3 ducks and 30 days than I have in years. Too much damn pressure on these ducks.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  2. PantherMartin

PantherMartin Elite Refuge Member

I've only been drinking milk and I only use rabbit ears. No tin foil. It messes up the reception.

Since I think 1995, AHM has only had Liberal Seasons and the max for limits. Individual states can take some pressure off if they want. Then we have Zones so everyone can travel to different Zones and have 100 and some days of hunting. Then they allow every kind of electronic decoy you can think of because hunters have to have them to hunt so they can outsmart a lowly duck (what lobby group got that in there, $$$$). What happened to fair chase and the joy of hunting? I was on the flats at Quivira one morning and there were 11 stinkin' Spinners going. Oh boy, what a beautiful sight and the noise, very pleasing.

Many Biologists fought the AHM thing and lost. I read the articles. It was a dog fight. Now we have this. There's been several years in which we should of not had a Liberal season since it's inception. Now we set the seasons before we even know what the hatch and survival is going to be. Who's winning? The ducks or $$$$.

The fix was in. On all of it.

3. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Kdwpt is all about the dollar dont care about wildlife management anymore the legislature sees to that. I feel for the managers who cant manage because of the dollar chasing mentality of our state

sylvanwilson likes this.
  4. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

I'll have some of that milk panther. Agree with you on all points.
    [​IMG]

5. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

You are wrong about what is going on with wetlands! Misinformed once again, not a surprise. Do your homework for once.

6. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

So what's your take on the wetlands they just drying up on their own.

7. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

If he's wrong, how about explaining how he's wrong.

ED Vanderbeck and JP like this.
  8. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

After re-reading your post I cannot tell whether you're saying that rule changes are the cause, or tiling. If you are saying that the lifting of wetland protection is the problem, then we agree and I apologize. Although it's not just agricultural impacts that are occurring, but that's by far the biggest culprit.

I also thought you typed "tilling" the first time I read your post.

Sorry, I misread.... eating crow.