crispy fried duck! make a spoonie eadible?! you betchya

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Blondski135, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Blondski135

Blondski135 Refuge Member

Its an Indonesian recipe that I had eaten while on vacation. Dont breast out those spoonies anymore pluck em whole, follow this recipe and you will be loving any and all ducks!

I fed a deep friend crispy duck to my girlfriend who is a southern CA city girl and she even at the bones!! :]

its calleb Bebek bengil

if your afraid of shrimp paste, just leave it out!

http://estertastyfoods.blogspot.com/2011/12/bebek-bengil-dirty-duck.html

Ingredients:
    • 1 whole duck
    • 5 cups water
    • peanut oil to fry
    • 3 tablespoon lime juice
    • 3 salam leaves
    Spices paste:
    • 7cloves garlic
    • 1 inches ginger
    • 2 inches galanga
    • 1tablespoon ground coriander
    • 1tsp belacan or shrimp paste( toasted in a small pan until the shrimp paste dry and crumble)
    • 1 inches kencur or ginger-like root is Kaemferia galanga
    • 1 tsp ground white pepper
    • 2 tsp salt
    Blend in a food processor all the spice ingredient until smooth.

Directions:
    Wash your duck and chop into 5-6 pieces then marinade with lime juice and spices paste for 2 hours.
    Heat 3 tablespoon oil in cooking pan high heat add in salam leaves and duck marinades cooking until aromatic and duck change color.
    Add in 5 cups of water and let it simmer until duck meat tender for 40-45 mins or you can use pressure cooker for 20 mins.Set a side make sure no more liquid before u fry them.
    Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large, deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil should be at least 4 inches deep. Gently put one by one your duck and fry them until golden brown both sides.
    You can serve your duck with white rice, sambal matah, slices cucumber and any veggie that you like. Enjoy.
    For sambal matah recipe:
    • 5 fresh red chillies chop coarsely
    • 8 shallots thinly slices
    • 2 lemons grass, just the inside soft part (chop coarsely)
    • kaffir lime leaves finely cut to small pieces
    • pinch of salt to taste
    • 4 tablespoon peanut oil
    heat oil in a small pan.. very high heat, meanwhile put all the sambal ingredients in a small bowl pour hot oil into sambal bowl stir it and u are ready to eat your bebek bengil with your sambal matah :)

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Interesting.

Never understood the hate for bootlips. Never had a bad one.

3. Blondski135

Blondski135 Refuge Member

How do you normally.l cook yours?

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Right now, I am in love with...
    Breast meat, pounded VERY thin, just so it still holds together in one piece.
    Dredge in flour, seasonings. Flash fry in a smoking hot pan with bacon grease. Rare. Take out.

Thin sliced medium onion, (1)thin sliced bell pepper (any color), 1-2 thin sliced jalapenio, about 2 cups total. Brown till starting to turn black on the edges. When the veggies are ready, cut up the fried breasts (I usually have 2 birds worth, 4 breasts, Widgeon or bigger) and put them back into the pan with the veggies. 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce or Orange Chicken. Stir and enjoy.

Quick, easy, tasty.
    (Got 3 mallards today, gonna have this for dinner)

Blondski135 likes this.