Custom call makers...

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Goose Isle Gunner, May 7, 2017.

1. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Mr.Taylor,
    I doesn't matter what you do or how you do it, You always stand a chance to get ripped by someone around here. Personally to me any call that is handmade to a customer's specs and is different than any other call out there is a custom. Since I hunt with my calls I had much rather have some proven guts that will call birds. As far as 'collectors' go I don't know why they even need guts, all they are going to do is stick a peg in em and set em on a shelf. Ya'll just keep doing what you do and be proud of your work, you make some good looking calls.
    Some of the most anal people in the world live on the Refuge.

Matthew Taylor and Wiscoduckhunt like this.
  2. Randy_Cesco

Randy_Cesco Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

The term "custom" to me means that everything from the lip rest of the barrel to the end of the insert is your design, your own personal sound. The call maker has taken the time to set his tone channel depth, his TB design/slope, learned the ins and outs of what changes made to the barrel, the TB and exhaust change how a call will operate. The old saying "everything effects everything" holds true in call making. The learning curve is never ending and the starting point for call makers is different for everyone. Start where you want, its all good, add the term "custom" to it when everything is yours.

3. how45hard

how45hard Senior Refuge Member

Exactly this.

4. Adam Tudor

Adam Tudor New Member

Where is the "beat a dead horse" emoji when it's needed?

Wood-Dro likes this.
  5. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

Agreed.

I'll add to the comments on Cadence calls. I remember back in the days of spav, Charles starting it. He's come a long ways and not only makes a excellent call, but is just good people. Takes care of his folks.

With that, based off this thread I looked at Eason. Liked what I saw and heard. Like his shop. Both the above call makers, worth a call.