Custom call makers...

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Goose Isle Gunner, May 7, 2017.

1. Rickard

Rickard Refuge Member

I'll add another +1 for Eason. Just got a cnc with his new toneboard in the mail this last week with that cool box. Had to do some reed trimming, but once it got dialed in, I'm a fan. Michael Merideth at Mig makes some good ones. Have one of his too and it's a smooth runner. His books might still be open, but not for long. Battle Creek is way backed up, but I'm guessing worth the wait. I'm holding out for a cnc line. I just ordered two models from Mark Rodgers at MR who did pretty well this year at the NWTF callmaking comp. C and S is also hard to beat. FB may have its drawbacks, but it definitely showcases some talent. You just have to wade through the clownery.

2. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

FB is the place to get sneak peeks at custom calls and get in touch with makers

3. Rickard

Rickard Refuge Member

Some follow up. The two Mark Rogers came in and I've spent most of the week picking these up. One is a smaller bore and one more open. I'm pretty sure they are the same toneboard. These calls are very nice. They will do fine or course and whine all the way up and down. The more open bore is a bit raspier. Right now, im more fond of the smaller bore. Its a bit easier for me to control and get different ducks back to back. They are a bit heavy like a FP Shotcaller, but it isn't enough to keep them on the shelf. Also traded for a Battle Creek Apache. Loud. It's somewhat reminiscent of a muddy RM, but not near as loose and less user friendly for my skill set. I'll have to spend some more time behind it but preliminarily, I'm kind of on the fence. Both would be worth a shot for someone on the prowl for a new small shop duck horn imo.