Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Custom Track Remastered

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Juvie Juke Box, Mar 20, 2017.

1. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

really looking forward to downloadable tracks. a true water track will be tough. geese in shallow water (birds standing) sound different than birds in deep water (swimming). a recording of a mid day water loafing area would be ideal, but the logistics of it could be a problem. best guess i would think is plant a microphone at the roost location after the birds have left to go to a morning feed and record all day. i would suggest even recording well into dark just to see what you have to work with

2. spankylabs

spankylabs Refuge Member

What are there, like 12 guys running big water spreads? Don't sound like much of a business model.

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Very few up here in the dakotas. If it was something we could make without costing us a bunch of extra money I'd love to make 3 or 4 more tracks. However, buying recordings isn't exactly cheap and neither is buying the equipment to do a recording not to mention conditions need to be near perfect to get one of high quality (no wind) so we have to really pick what will be cost effective. The greater track is one of those tracks I'm not sure if it'd pay off but I have had about 10 people ask about one so far so we are highly considering that. Having a track with specks mixed in is also easily doable with the recordings we already have. If people didn't need an entirely new track throwing specks into our current track would be my first option of achieving that.

As far as digital downloads go, it'll actually be available once our new website is up and running. We can't sell digital goods on Facebook (Facebook policy). Paypal allows it so sending direct invoices would be the only option until the website is running. It will be at least next Monday before the new website is up and running. We have to have our current domain up and running for 60 days before we can transfer it to our new host. The gal who did our logo is doing the website as well and has made the transition a breeze. If anyone ever needs a kick *** Web designer or graphic designer I highly recommend spore creative out of rapid city, sd! I know a lot of customers had many issues with the old website so just making the customer experience much easier and smoother alone was worth having a new one built!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. tbuc

tbuc Refuge Member

I think having spec sounds on your ecaller is illegal in Canada in the fall. Or at least it used to be. Or maybe you just can't shoot a spec if it's playing on your caller. There's something you need to be careful of anyway.

sno likes this.
  5. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

That is correct and it is still law in Canada.

wyfarrell likes this.
  6. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

I was not aware of that, I guess it'd be up to peoples discretion when they used it.

7. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

Just have it clearly labeled "Contains whitefront sounds, check local regulations."