Cutdown call comparison

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Greenhead Rocker, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Mondo vs Mondo LT vs Ace in the Hole...GO!!

2. Bama.Hunter

Bama.Hunter Refuge Member

I've only owned the Mondo and Mondo LT and the mondo is he only one I still own. The LT was a tad bit easier to run, but the regular mondo does everything the LT can do and more, which is why I still own it.

cupnglide likes this.
  3. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

Ordered a mondo the other day, can't wait till it shows up. I'm looking forward to learning how to use a cut down. I always wondered about the Ace in the Hole as well but I couldn't find much info about them. Good luck in your search.

4. Bama.Hunter

Bama.Hunter Refuge Member

I should of mentioned, there are a lot of great cutdown calls out there. I own a black monster, Timber Thief, and PS OLT that I handcut myself.

If I had to try a cutdown right know it would be a rolling thunder or black monster.

5. Meach

Meach Senior Refuge Member

I have owned Mondo, Mondo Lite and Rolling Thunder. I liked the Mondo the best after I cut a tiny sliver off the reed. The Mondo Lite I bought actually required more air than the Mondo. Rolling Thunder was ok. I bought all three calls new.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I will say, unless you've blown it at ducks on a day when they'll "break," it's impossible to pick one as best for you. That changes a little bit if you've blown them a long time, but often the one you're most comfortable with isn't the one which will work best for you in the field.

7. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

That's the truth...