CWA - Who's not a member...now you can join for free

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Speckslayer, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

CWA is running a membership promotion at $35 for two memberships and you get to free Banded mugs. In an effort to help increase membership, I'll pay the $35 fee for the first 4 people that PM their name/address to me. (all will be anonymous)

2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

No Thanks.......I'm covered by Nuts already !

3. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

Nice Offer SS! :tu

It sure would be great if every duck hunter in CA joined CWA. I know there are 'haters' out there, for whatever reason. But, to not see the Good that is done by CWA, and the work done on behalf of all hunters - and still not want to join....it just amazes me. Hunters spend a ton on gear and licenses etc to hunt in CA. Then, to not put up $35 - or in this case get a free membership - is not seeing the big picture.

Without CWA, where would we be? You think we would have more or less opportunity? That we would have more or less INPUT and INFLUENCE with the Feds and State?. Who else would be working so hard to get juniors and women and injured military etc involved in waterfowling? A few individuals might be doing wonderful things to help this sport, but without a VOICE and a strong membership in CWA, we could loose it all. And I am sure any chance we might have to impact the legislature would be out the window. There is so much GOOD that CWA does in this state.

If anyone has a gripe about CWA, then voice that opinion (AS A MEMBER), and let your voice be heard. These are good people, doing good work.

But, look at the bigger picture - PLEASE. You may not like some aspect of what they do, ok. Get involved and work to make change. You can't do it sitting on the sidelines. Just being upset about an issue isn't going to get it done. Along the way you might also learn something new about why they do the things they do. It may not be what 1 guy wants, but it may be whats best for the sport overall.

Its truly disappointing to know that so many that enjoy this sport in CA do not join CWA, when I know just how much GOOD they do, and that we all would be in a world of hurt without their Voice (which is OUR Voice).

Get a membership and let your voice be added to that of 20,000 others, so that when CWA approaches an issue, they can do so with a storing backing of our hunting community. You want to be heard? As an individual, you are drowned out in white noise. Become a member and add to a STRONG VOICE that Supports YOUR RIGHT to hunt in CA and so much more.

4. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

What a nice offer. Hope you get some takers.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. dukhuntnfool

dukhuntnfool Elite Refuge Member

Speckslsyer
    I'll. Match 4 more memberships and will also donate 10 sprig membersh I'm sure CWA will match sprig memberships to 20 also. You take care of paperwork ,pm me thx Rob

Mort and callinfowl like this.
  6. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

What generous offers, you guys, and Rick, well put, your observations about CWA. In my more active years I had a ton of fun in volunteer work with CWA events. You guys who have never tried it should give it a go!

callinfowl likes this.
  7. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

WOW! nice offers guys, I'm very impressed!:bow:clap:bow:clap:bow:clap:tu

8. bxcall1

bxcall1 Senior Refuge Member

I went to the CWA web site but couldn't find that offer. Did I just not see it? Will you share the link?

9. Cold Fold

Cold Fold Senior Refuge Member

Nice call Slayer, if I wasn't a lifer I'd take up up on it.

10. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Nice work guys !!!.