CWA - Who's not a member...now you can join for free

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Speckslayer, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Is CWA or the NRA perfect?Definately not! Are we in a lot better shape with them and what they have done? Hell yes!!!You are talking a 2 day refuge pass,a box or two of shells,a dozen new decoys,a tank of gas,or even less with Kevin's offer to be a member.I am sure they handle a lot of issues that we don't even hear about along with the high profile ones.
    Our local range in Scotts Valley requires you to be a NRA member for insurance purposes.

2. Quackerpacker

Quackerpacker Senior Refuge Member

Yep, the world is full of givers and takers, in the long run givers always win.

3. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

They cashed my check Friday , so that's got be a good thing! Haha

4. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

My four free memberships are long gone. BUT, three other members have stepped up and made the same offer. So there are a total of 16 free memberships available. 11 have been spoken for. If money is tight or you're not familiar with CWA or you've just never seen the importance of the organization... now is the time to get on board as there are still 5 free memberships available. Send me a PM in the next couple days with your name/address/email and I'll get you on the list. Will be sending all the info and payments to CWA at the end of the week.

5. morduks

morduks Elite Refuge Member

Sorry on vacation. I joined in the early 80's iirc. I think all Ca duck hunters should be members of CWA.

Tom B. CWA Member #425

Wareagle1 likes this.
  6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hahaa , I have been a member of CWA , MDF ,DU , NRA and several others and there's no doubt , they try their hearts out to protect us but in this
    State , with so many small organizations pecking at our politicians votes , it just doesn't seem to work ! It's actually gotten to the point , even NRA
    is neglecting to be much of a force here because we have been so blind in what the Liberals have suppositly outlawed us to have or do , they are
    protecting , with their resources , the states with the most pro-gun voters . Living in the land of Tree huggers is the price we pay ?
    Sorry for my Rant , its hard to swallow as a Country Boy native , and yes , I do know how to skin a Buck !

7. 7pntail

7pntail Senior Refuge Member

I joined CWA in the late 1980's. Did volunteer work banding in the grasslands for a week back in the day, and have likely worked with a few of you at local dinners. All wonderful experiences to give back to the sport we love. Very rewarding!

I can't imagine why one would choose not to be a member.

Shout out to Tim D. That guy is awesome. Not sure if he is still involved with CWA. He always remembered my name, though I saw him infrequently over the years. Impressive. He has a passion for ducks, and understands the commitment for our collective best interest.

Thanks CWA for all that you do to ensure the future of our sport!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  8. Speckslayer

Raven,
    My god, that's got to be the saddest post I've ever seen. If we all acted like you, all hunting in California would have ended a long time ago. Soooo pathetic.

If you choose to support the NRA or DU because of issues with CWA, I might disagree, but I can respect you. Now? Not at all.

9. Speckslayer

Timmy is still around. Still full of **** and vinegar. Moved out of state but flys back and still runs many cwa dinners

10. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

If you go to some of these meetings at the refuges, you will see Mark Hennelly from CWA being a positive voice for the duck hunters. He's very professional, as well as passionate about hunting,... being he is a duck hunter who hunt's the refuge system. He has stats and numbers on surveys on what the public hunter wants, is well informed and has some input on decisions made by the staff . With out him there, we would be in far worse shape. As Tim said, no organization is perfect,... but we are in a lot better shape because of them.

James707 likes this.