CWA - Who's not a member...now you can join for free

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Speckslayer, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

I have had the pleasure of meeting some really informative fellas from CWA , Rich Wright , Ron Stay , Mike Hammer as well as some from DU to include
    Dan Connally , Gary Stewart (boreal forest rancher) and Fritz Reed , all these fellas shared some great knowledge of the lost of the Central Valleys riparian
    forest in which I was very much fascinated . I thought the push from all these organizations was to improve this majestic migration route But , we have
    loss sight of it with the planting of Nut tree's over native vegetation that has nothing to do for Waterfowl as these nut trees are sucking our aquifers dry
    with those huge deep well pumps , not even is our refuge's pumps safe from these deep water pumps as like in the klamath basin , waterfowl will come
    Last here too !

You as a Nut farmer , know my position !

2. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

This is one thing Kevin and I agree on. And something I can respect. Putting up some personal dollars on a membership drive.

one might scratch their heads and not agree with everything they do, but lord knows we are way better with them than without them. If something doesn't sit right, get involved. The price of a membership does little more then pay for the information outlay to the members. But it does give Mark some voice when talking in Sacramento. If no one has ever been on the visit the capital days CWA has, I suggest you do so. It is enlightening, and one comes away with a different perspective. If one hunts ducks, join cwa. It's that simple. Folks talk about the liberals and their rants. Yet, folks just like to talk. Thanks Kevin, for a little push.

3. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Scott. You are 100% correct.

I've still got 4 left. If anyone has a hunting buddy that isn't a member, sign him up or send me his info and I'll sign him up.

4. 7pntail

7pntail Senior Refuge Member

Gotta quote Benjamin Franklin while debating the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers knew signing was a treasonous act punishable by death.

To rally the group, Franklin said "if we don't hang together, we will most assuredly hang separately". Profound, and ballsy.

We need to hang together for the bennifit of our passion.

Agree with Scott, one has to have a skin in the game, pony in the race.

5. J-Duck

J-Duck Elite Refuge Member

do I pm rob or you?

6. Speckslayer

Me. I got you on the list.

J-Duck likes this.
  7. Speckslayer

And then there was 1. 15 people have signed up so far. Next person to request a membership gets it and then it's over.

8. SPOONKILR

SPOONKILR Elite Refuge Member

Just renewed and sign the Pink Assassin up for her first CWA membership! kate and trudy.jpg

DuckFan likes this.
  9. Speckslayer

Thank you sir. May the Karma bug bite you hard this year and give you and your daughter a great season filled with many wonderful memories.

DuckFan likes this.
  10. Speckslayer

All memberships are gone. A big thank you to the other three gentlemen that stepped up and offered to pay for 4 more memberships each. I will be sending in the names of 16 new CWA members today. All I ask that each of you try your best to pay your dues annually and keep your membership active.

Also, a big thank you to the others who PM'd me and said this thread inspired them to go join CWA on their own.

There is power in numbers and we all need to help do our part if our sport is to survive. Thank you again :tu

Wareagle1 and DuckFan like this.