Cwf vs home wrecker

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Williams4298, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Williams4298

Williams4298 New Member

really been wanting to try one of these out but I can’t decide which one to get. I currently run a mvp and a gold digger.

2. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Homewrecker as in Gander Valley? I've had one, was setup as a double if I remember right. Tried it as a single too and it still lacked range. Really is no comparison to a CWF IMO. On one hand you have a call that is naturally quiet and muted with a set of training wheels (Homewrecker). On the other, you have probably the meanest call on the market or certainly top 3 (with his CWF Alpha getting a nod as one of the other in that top 3) throughout its entire range. From whisper quiet up to everything just short of a mainstreet hail. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if you already own a GD from him you will be thoroughly disappointed with a Homewrecker unless you're specifically looking for a low volume small area finishing call.

DrakeStar likes this.
  3. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Refuge Member

My go-to is a MVP but I also carry a CWF or Cadence Closer.

I would like to have a chance to run a Homewrecker one day, but honestly a CWF is where it is at.

I have cnc gold digger and my dad has a custom Gold Digger. In my opinion, CWF is a better all around call.

4. Williams4298

Williams4298 New Member

I have a gen two gold digger that is all wood and that thing is amazing! Then I have a gen 3 that is Cnc and it’s ok but nothing like the gen 2 but the gen 2 has never seen the lanyard because I’m afraid I’ll lose it. If I send then gen 3 in do you think stump could get them to sound alike? Anyways back to the original question. I’ve heard a lot of good things about both and I’ve talked to the owner of Gvcc and he ran that little double reed and that thing sounded slick! On the other hand I know stump makes some of the best calls around! Might just end up buying both!

5. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Ive got about six Homewreckers,all wood,all acrylic,mix of both.
    As mentioned above whether double reed or single they do lack range that the CWF has no trouble out of the gate producing.

6. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

have a homewrecker as well and its decent. had a single and it had good range, the double, not so much. just sold a cran alpha and am already kicking myself, can do it all....but oh well...