Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Dad wants a final day

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by bluemarlin08, Nov 28, 2017.

1. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Elite Refuge Member

My 90 year old dad told me he wishes he could experience one more day in a blind to cook breakfast and lunch, tell lies and maybe smoke a "coffin nail" as he refers to cigarettes. He would't shoot or would I. Just want to see the twinkle in his eye again. Willing to pay a fair price. Might be his last year.

2. westuffem

westuffem Elite Refuge Member

Ned
    you are welcome to come with your dad to my blind at Springville, but it is a 2 hour drive from here. I would hope someone with a blind closer would offer up a hunt for you. Hope your dad gets to enjoy another day in the blind. RDS

Clayton likes this.
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Get him out there sir, and best of luck to both of you! I took my father on his first duck hunt this year. It wasn't a great trip, but he had a really good time, and wants to go again.

4. bluemarlin08

Dad took me on my first duck hunt in 1965 on the management area on Old Hickory. That led to an addiction for both of us to Cheatham, the daily draws at Camden and many dry cornfields. He wants to experience the sunrise in a blind again, thanks Richard for the invite my friend, much appreciated.

5. tnpuddleduck

tnpuddleduck Senior Refuge Member

Ned, I have a place, easy to get to, no waders, heated. Also cabin for breakfast cooking. Maybe we can
    get him and RK there

Clayton likes this.
  6. bluemarlin08

Damn Bob he would love it and love to see RK.

7. brake man

brake man Senior Refuge Member

It would be an honor to host you and your Dad at our blind at Beaver Dam in Tunica, MS. Not a fancy blind and we don't have a heater (but we can get one), but we might be able to let him see and shoot a duck or two in what may be one of his last seasons. I have a picture of my Dad on his last hunt with us at 79 and sure wish I could take him on another one. (He has been with the Lord for over two years now.) It will be a long 4 hour drive but would probably be a lot of fun on the drive down and back. Please shoot me a PM and maybe we can coordinate our schedules for a hunt. A meal at the Blue and White Restaurant will be a great way to end the hunting experience. :)

Opening day with the boys.

IMG_1198rs.jpg

IMG_1219.JPG

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    10ga likes this.