Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Daily IL River Valley Report

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Hairshark, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Hairshark

Hairshark Elite Refuge Member

It's time to get this thread up and running. IL River valley hunters post how your doin'. Good luck to everyone in the morning!:tu

2. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

Good idea Pat.:tu I,l see if I can keep everyone posted for my area.

DANNY

3. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

Let me get this squashed before it starts! There are NO ducks in the IL river valley! Never have been never will be. Moderator please delete this thread!:h

4. Hairshark

Hairshark Elite Refuge Member

We had a very good day. My partner and I punched full tickets. We had 4 widgeon, 1 teal and the rest were all grey ducks. Oh yah, my partner shot a bootlip!:dv The two of us killed our 12 and the other four guys totaled another 18 I think. I believe it was a total of 30 ducks. The strange thing was no woodies and no mallards. Grey ducks were the variety of the day with widgeon and teal sprinkled in. And, ole Greenjeans showed up when I had 5 ducks and my partner w/ 4 in the bag.:eek: That was the very first time I had been checked in over 20 years of waterfowling. I promptly asked him if he knew my bro-in law who is a CPO himself, and he replied yes, he did. The funny thing was, the dumbazz misidentified 2 ducks we had!:eek: Oh well, didn't matter, we were cool. All in all a great opener. Going back in the morning for more!!!:tu Pics of the carnage will follow once I spend some time to figure out how to post pics and some sleep is had. Good luck tomorrow!

5. GrNhEaDhUnTeR85

GrNhEaDhUnTeR85 Elite Refuge Member

three of us bagged 13 this morning.....shouldve killed out but we were have problems connecting early in the morning....9 gay-ducks, 1 GWT, 1 hollywood, 2 big fat green heads.....gonna give it another shot in the morning

6. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

6 guns 36 ducks not all mallets, but we had our limits of pinnies and a few widgeon teal and the rest ring necks and redheads

7. Inyoface

Inyoface Elite Refuge Member

3 guns 8 geese and 4 ducks in 2 days, not to bad.

8. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

3 guns, 3 teal, 2 ringneck, 2 pinnies.. no wind:(

9. Bowed Up

Bowed Up Senior Refuge Member

Saturday 25 a little bit of everything. woodducks,teal, hollywoods, greyducks, and mallards.. Today 23 with the majority being mallards and a few teal and 1 pintail. All in all it was a good opener!!:grvn

10. Duck huntin lineman

Duck huntin lineman Senior Refuge Member

2 days 3 guns 1under 16 that gets to hunt other than last week 23 dux 12 mallards