Dakota vs DOA

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Minnesotaoutdoors, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Minnesotaoutdoors

Minnesotaoutdoors New Member

Sounds good! I’ll be expecting that review tomorrow.

2. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Deceptions look great but kinda pricey

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Let me add that how you hunt and where could play into your decision, A ot of guys run 18 DAD and are very successful as opposed to 4 dozen less expensive decoys.I sold mine because we had to pack in and it beat them up.Now I use Avianx lessers,because I can carry 2 ,6 sl ot bags and put them out quick.Geese land right in them.They look good in the field.

4. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

The DOA's have been very durable for the group of guys I hunt with. My dozen are the only ones that get bagged because I'm protective of my stuff but the rest just get tossed in the trailer and the paint still looks great. I'll probably add another dozen DOA's to my collection sometime this year.

5. Minnesotaoutdoors

I’ve heard both are very durable! That’s my issue right now, a good issue I guess.

6. Minnesotaoutdoors

I think I’ll end up getting some of the avian lessers no matter what, but I don’t know what to get for the honkers that I’ll get.

7. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

Dakota signature series. No issues beside a plastic insert where the stake is inserted broke. Bill sent me a half dozen for free. Only issue I've had out of the 16 dozen I've had for I believe 3 seasons now.

They get stacked into a pile after the hunt and tossed into an enclosed trailer once it shows up.

8. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Was in Cabelas last night and looked at both. Dakota’s had more detail and poses looked a lot better.

9. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

I own a ton between the two. If I were to get all new today I would probably go with the cheaper of the two but if they were the same price Dakotas.