Damn river!!!!

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Park Duck, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Shedhead

Shedhead Elite Refuge Member

that dude needs to change his name to certified poser from brookings, ar....woof city

doug wannabe's....many as stares n the skey

Tshirts sales will be through the roof on the sandbar...well soon as the somb shows sand....

2. whitecotton

whitecotton Elite Refuge Member

college = FTS University :l:l:l:l

3. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

BATON ROUGE ? Land and structures in the Morganza Spillway will flood, even if the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers does not open the gates, Commissioner of Agriculture Mike Strain and Gov. Bobby Jindal said today, May 6.

?It is inevitable that Morganza will flood and the system will top, regardless of whether they open the system,? Strain said at a press conference at the Governor?s Office of Homeland Security.
    Jindal said he has asked the Corps of Engineers to provide maps of areas that are anticipated to flood, with and without opening the gates. He said he wants people who would be affected to be able to prepare before the water starts rising.

?Even without opening the spillway, folks can expect flooding comparable to 1973,? the governor said. ?If they decide to open the spillway, it will be a lot more.?

It is anticipated that the gates on about half of the spillway will be utilized, starting with a few at a time about Thursday of next week, Jindal said. But the Corps of Engineers has yet to make a final decision. Residents and property owners will be warned in time to evacuate and secure property.

?We?re doing everything we can to mitigate the impact,? he said. ?Our first priority is protecting people?s lives, then protect property.?

4. LA yard dog

LA yard dog Elite Refuge Member

Man, I'm small time. There's 2 groups that full time it that roll 10K lbs+ each a week, every week outta Dardanelle. They both have 2 boats and run 2 seperate crews. They're way to serious for me. And they smell like fish all the time. That ain't for me. I could do it for a living, but I'd rather not. Might take the fun out of it.

5. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

I got some cousins up round morrilton that do it pretty big. They commercial fish, snag fish, spear fish fish, bowfish fish, they are some killerz for sure.
    Greenjeans has been knows to chase them far and wide back in der younger days.
    70+ squirrels btwn 3 guys, 15 turkeys btwn 2 in 1 day. Maahhn.

6. trip

trip Elite Refuge Member

Here's a picture of Riverside from Beale St.

[​IMG]

7. Big Gumbo

That really is beale st. landing

8. fourche creek

fourche creek Elite Refuge Member

my buddies camp at taylors bay..... thats about 9ft to the bottom of the porch.,,, he's the only one dry at tb...

[​IMG]

9. Big Gumbo

A poster at Woopig is saying there's a rupture at Laconia Circle levee. Where ever that is.

10. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

he ain't the only one dry.... the trailer i posted a picture of yesterday is higher then that cabin, and he is dry. there is also a house at the end of the road that is built up and dry. other then those three, all have taken a little to a lot of water.