Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Daryl Stanley's Goose Camp in Balmoral?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by win4win, Jan 5, 2004.

1. win4win

win4win Elite Refuge Member

www.goosecamp.com

Anyone familiar with Daryl Stanley's operation? My friend from TN is considering booking a trip for this coming fall. I told him to be sure he knows what he is getting into for $450 a day!

Is Balmoral in Zone 25B?

I am trying to get him to look at Sask also because of the earlier opening, more liberal limit on Canadas, and more of a chance for Snows along with Canadas.

Thanks for any information you can provide! :D

2. wooduck26

wooduck26 Elite Refuge Member

Send a PM to "The Drake" or maybe a better way would be to look for him on the MN forum, I THINK he knows Daryl Stanley and could give you some advice....Dave!

3. B52-man

B52-man Elite Refuge Member

He was on Take'Em 3.He put on quite a hunt.:eek:

4. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

He's one of the better known outfitters here in Manitoba. I have never hunted with him, but I hear he's quite good. I believe Word of Ducks Unlimited did a hunt with him a few years back when Jamison Parker was the host.

They do most of their hunting around Oak Hammock Marsh, which is a really good area to hunt.

Let me know if you need any more info.

5. bon

bon Senior Refuge Member

I considered a hunt there. Went to his website, Emailed him twice, but got no reply. Emailed another Oak Hammock Marsh Outfitter, and he Emailed me the next day. Dont know if maybe he is booked already for next year. I will post his website. maybe you will get a response. Good luck, Timhttp://www.goosecamp.com/about_us.htm

6. win4win

Tim,

Isnt that the same site that I posted?

Thanks

7. bon

bon Senior Refuge Member

It is. Sorry, didnt see that you had the address at the top of your post. If you Email Mr. Stanley and get a response, would you let me know? I have seen him in the Take Em Video series, and it appears he puts on a hell of a hunt. Just a little frustrated he hasnt replied. Tim

8. win4win

Tim,

Ive run into the same problems with many outfitters when it comes to emails. Ill let you now how it turns out.

Thanks again

9. tikka300

tikka300 Elite Refuge Member

win4win,

You are certainly right about wanting to go to Saskatchewan. I do most of my hunting in the same area as Stanley, but every year we take off to Saskatchewan for a week of snows. When hunting around OHM you'll get the some snows in a Canada hunt but we've never taken more then a handful (around the marsh). If you want snows in MB you must go to the west or n NW of OHM.

That is why we head to Saskatchewan. Many a day we have limited out on snows in SK and often a limit of Canadas mixed in.

As for info on Stanley, couldn't tell you anything. But it isn't too hard to have a good hunt in a area holding 400 000 waterfowl at a time.:D

10. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

I went to Saskatchewan last year and wont go anywhere else and with the same outfitter. I will tell ya...........I couldnt dream up any better of a hunt. More snows than you can shake a stick at, specks, canadas, and more ducks than I have ever seen in the states. BTW- the guides said it was a poor year on the ducks and I bet I saw more in 3 days than I have seen in 3 years here. :eek: Dont want to be accused of spamming.......so if you want more info shoot me a PM. Couldnt ask for a better bunch to hunt with.