Dave Smith Decoy

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Glades Ranger, Feb 3, 2013.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

That pretty much sums it up...

2. hankyorke

hankyorke Elite Refuge Member

10-4. Thanks guys

3. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Best Turkey dekes on the market, hands down. :tu

4. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Well, the brown truck dropped off the much awaited and anticipated Dave Smith turkey decoy- an upright hen. Tremendous! From the detailed lines, paint, integral stake, to the carrying bag, and included DVD (have not looked at yet), this is one fine U.S. made product! The cost is well- substantiated. I am really pumped for spring turkey season! Just like this past season's new cork decoys that I made at a significant cost, the result is more than worth it! I found it lighter than many reported and not bulky at all and it will fit nicely in the back of the hunting vest. Thanks again to all who recommended it and maybe in the latter half of March I can post a pic of an osceola tom that succumbed to its enticements. Slainte!:tu

5. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Good Luck!
    Doug

6. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

Good luck,

I bought 2 hens a few yrs ago from Dave at a sporting show. I love them and have quite a few toms the would agree if they wheren't dead:D

Tom

7. shermanmd

shermanmd Senior Refuge Member

I was in Cabelas in St Louis a couple days ago and bought the jake. Amazing detail. I will order a hen in the next few weeks when I get more funds. I will be hunting high pressured birds with my 2 kids and if this helps get birds in front of the blind at 10 steps so they can fill their tags then I am willing to spend the money. Look forwarded to giving them a try.

8. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

9. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the link, I am going to get a jake/hen combo and wasn't sure which to get. I have never been a zink fan and didn't want to really support him, the pics in the Cabelas catalog sure looked good. I'll go with the DSD.

10. Lucky Goose

Lucky Goose Refuge Member

I agree they are really good decoys. I have the jake and upright hen. I've had groups of birds come in the decoys, fight and peck at them, then leave to another part of the field only have to have them come back again, turkeys just can't seem to leave the DSD decoys alone.

PLUS, I enjoy staring at them a LOT more than ugly dekes on the slow days...ha

If you are patient, I found mine used on classifieds in forums. I just couldn't bring myself to pay full price.

Norm