Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Dead Mounts-- Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by duxh8me, Mar 21, 2016.

1. duxh8me

duxh8me Elite Refuge Member

I just got these birds back... I think they turned out awesome, and most of all they are all special to me. My boy picked up the banded ross, the blue phase ross (Hybred) was my second one I have shot (I claimed it on a group we all shot into) and the innerphase blue is as good as they get....
    Then 2 weeks ago I wasin Nebraska laying in a field with my 72 year old dad when 2 blues came in, I took the innerphase which gave me a band to place on this one! Thanks dad for teaching me how to hunt ducks and geese. I hung this shadow box that I made (I teach high school wood shop) in my boys room... his name is Drake Hunter so it fits in well. I am adding a great speck that my 12 year old daughter shot this year for her first bird, she had not gone with me in the last 3 years so I'm still trying to get her to use the lifetime license I bought her before she could walk. Enjoy the pictures and when the speckelbelly is done I'll post it added to the mix. I'm thinking no folded wings just a torpedo look... I also plan on adding a Lesser Canadian down the road. Enjoy, Jim in Texas

drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg blue close up.jpg drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg

Trophyduck likes this.
  2. duxh8me

Did you see the SURPRISE? $100 reward band on the ross... My Boy was the retriever on that one and said "It has a band... no there are two bands!" He wanted it mounted and in his room... so it was a costly win...lol Enjoy and the

Blue Ross is Great love the dark line on the neck... drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg bands close up.jpg all 3.jpg drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg close up hybred blue ross.jpg drakes snow goose shadow box.jpg bands close up.jpg all 3.jpg

ARHHH4 and Two Bears like this.
  3. Wally Dog

Wally Dog Senior Refuge Member

Nice, i'm also fond of that broadbill call made in Zimmerman,MN

4. duxh8me

Thanks for the nice words and cool to hear about the broadbill call is from Minnesota! I would love to find a good one in the box... I should have asked for comments... love all the page views and wanted to get more people to enjoy them.....
    do you get to hunt the white geese in your part of Idaho Wally? Give me more comments boys Thanks Jim in Texas

5. duxh8me

I have the speck back! need to get it set just right and then I'll post a pic.. 4 dead mounts are hard to arrange lol Jim Villwok Rowlett Texas

6. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Looks good! I look forward to seeing the Speck added. :tu

7. Wild Rice

Wild Rice Senior Refuge Member

Good looking mount!

8. duxh8me

Ok, not loving the exact placment ... I added the Specklebelly. It was my 12 year old Daughters first bird and I am very happy with the mount, It is just hard to place all 4 with wings flayling all over, lol... Ok hope this gets you all pumped up for the comming season! Enjoy and please add comments I'll show her. Jade had not been out with me for several years so when she said "Dad I'll go hunting tomorrow" I wiped the dust off of her lifetime license and smiled.

Jim in Texas

IMG_0850 (1).JPG

View attachment 158754 View attachment 158755

9. duxh8me

IMG_0851 (2).JPG

10. duxh8me

Ok Late goose season so I thought I would share this again for those of us that keep our wives on the hook for one more month! Good luck guys and I did not get the small canada to add this year but we are seeing more and more in North Texas.... the hunt continues Jim