Dear friends, The Mighty Layout Boys are proud to introduce our newest layout boat

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by MightyLayoutBoy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Divers Down

Divers Down Senior Refuge Member

Rockwood, Michigan-Lake Erie's western basin
    THE BIG PICTURE

Who needs a layout when there's nuthin to shoot at?
    The layout boat builders need to be more concerned about duck numbers and these pittiful bag limits than the petty BS posted above.
    Lets see how many boats you guys sell when scaup are closed one day?
    You think the Great Lakes hunter (probably the majority of your customers) is gunna spend that kind of $$ on a new boat to kill a bunch of stinkin buffies, Mergies and GE's...not a chance buddy.
    If buidling layout boats put food on my table I'd be very concerndered.

2. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

3. crazyquacked

crazyquacked Elite Refuge Member

LWing,
    When it gets there, can you post pictures of a 16' with a 2 man in it? I run a 16' and am curious if there is a better way to carry my MLB classic.It feels full already.
    Thanks.

4. Divers Down

Divers Down Senior Refuge Member

Rockwood, Michigan-Lake Erie's western basin
    Lwing,

How many dozen Can decoys are gunna be sold this year?

Now close or lower Scaup next year and see what happens to the industry. :(

5. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

i know atleast of 6 doz which are for me. They will go nicely with my other 6 doz. I guess the industry will switch a bit, from shooting with guns to cameras for a year or two or how ever long need be. I also foresee, layout boats that will be more suited to shoot puddle ducks and geese in open water consistantly! With all of the conservation groups, Delta, Du, etc, I cant see the canvasbacks being closed forever, and i hope they figure out how to get the bluebills back up. Remember my words, there is more to open water layout hunting than bluebills and cans, atleast in my flyway, dont get me wrong either, i love bills and cans but i also love shooting buffies, blackjacks, redheads, ruddies,hoodies, and both whistlers, and all the park ducks, swans and geese, and not to mention the sea ducks on the coasts. I am sure with the lower bag limits and closures will have some affect on the industry as the recession is having on the homebuilding industry. Life is hard, but for me, I choose not to be a chicken little.

DiverFreak

6. lwingwatcher

To tell you the truth, I don't know how he is going to haul the two man down the road. On the water, he will be towing the boat.

He transports my Classic with no problems, I will see if he has pics.

7. lwingwatcher

I have been bumming since they said I couldn't shoot ten bills a day.

Guess what, I am still hunting.....and the industry is still selling about everything but lead, jones hats, field jackets, rubber waders, jon-e hand warmers and all that other antiquated stuff.

8. MRB1

MRB1 Elite Refuge Member

lol!

9. lwingwatcher

All I gotta say is....Oh my gawd....

The Kalash II is absolutely awesome....but....it will be more awesome on the water than it is sitting in my back yard.

The owner and I felt kinda silly this morning...laying in his boat sitting in the yard commenting on how much room there is in the cockpit. It will be sweet because he is a lefty so....the two man seemed like an idea way to go.

And, it looks like there is room on my tender to carry it onboard along with my Classic should the need arise to put the throttle down to get someplace instead of him towing his boat.

This promises to be a fun season.....thanks again Mark:tu

PS If anybody near central Michigan wants to take a peek....just shoot me a PM....you just won't believe this boat.

10. melvvin

melvvin Refuge Member

I already saw it and although it was dark it still looked awesome. Can someone tell me whats a matter with shootin buffies its a riot I'll take em anytime its a blast.