Death very thought provoking, I will try to do this if I am terminal

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Oct 7, 2014.

1. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

correct a mundo, while the beast is flailing Coup de grace never let anything suffer once you start see it through. There are folks souls at stake here man.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

Being the good Catholic boy i am, i dont think i whould be able to do that.
    But i watched my mother die a long slow death from stomach cancer when she was 32. Not pretty. This was drawn out for about a year and she starved to death really, not able to eat. No one should have to go thru that.
    We put our dogs and cats down to avoid that.
    Two sides to the coin.

Joe

3. Wastinshells

Wastinshells Elite Refuge Member

Wait so on a debate about different thoughts on the beauty/despair/etc... of death, where you're your opinion is black and white and not open to new ideas or interpretations of the issue, you are saying I don't think for myself? :scratch

*chuckles*

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The Hawkins?s story is a factual story, not to be confused with news. A biography to some degree of a known person... The topic of the story was Stephen Hawking...

Of course there are other times when a story or the news is fairly one-sided (such as an earthquake in Indonesia)... But it seems to me that considering any political topic, that the media is almost always one-sided, or at least presents one side with considerably more favor than the other.

I would argue that the OT story is such a case. The media is presenting a controversial topic with the viewpoints of a single person. And when they threw the opinions of a doctor who obviously supports this "treatment," they should have also interviewed a doctor with an opposing view... So, yes, I do feel that to some degree the media was irresponsible in this situation.

5. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Refuge Member

How do you know it's not God's will for her to do this?

6. broken paddle

broken paddle Senior Refuge Member

Formerly Riverton, CT. Now resident of North Ameri
    I have/had my advanced directives in place, however, my first choice tipped over on me! 3 yrs younger than I am, he was 59!
    May he rest in peace!

Now I have to do a new Advanced Directive form, &, I am currently out of state.

I REALLY have got to get a D. N. R. bracelet!

LET. ME. GO. !:bow:tu Have a drink, in my memory! CHEERS!:tu

7. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

God will never tell you to commit suicide

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

If you feel the burdens of life are too much to handle alone. We have a helper in God. He does not want to see you suffering.
    God would never tell someone to commit suicide. If he wanted you to die, he'd kill you himself. Thoughts Of a suicide and the dream of peace doesn't come from God but from the devil. God prohibits us from commiting suicide, what you have there in people contremplating taking their own lives is simply the devil with his sights on a soul.

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Excuse my ignorance, but the way I read that is it must be ok to take your own life. I sure as heck didn't read that as ' you shouldn't ever commit suicide'. Then again people interpret the bible to mean many different things.

9. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Yep. One passage I try to follow is "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

I would never tell anyone they are going to hell.

Way above my pay grade.

10. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Its never right to comit suicide For God to forgive us, we have to repent from our sins to God. If someone commits suicide, he/she has no opportunity to repent Thus, suicide is not a forgivable sin. Anyone who commits suicide is sent straight to hell.
    The Bible says Don’t do it! If you are an unbeliever, God is able to redeem your life and give you a true purpose for living through Jesus Christ. If you are a believer, God has already redeemed your life, and no matter how horrible your current circumstances, God can accomplish greater things through the rest of your life. the lord has the right to take your life not you.