Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Decent day today

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ARHHH4, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

Why would you even care? If you're so great why wouldn't you go about your business and not worry about what other hunters do when it doesn't effect you. Your and Pirogue posts just goes to show how some have way too much time on their hands.

By the way mrmallerd, Mallard is spelled with an a not an e.

2. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Yep, & dog is spelled Dawg with an aw not an o.

3. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

We did grow up/do live in South central illinois, but were both too young to remember the "good ole days" that every one speaks of when honkers ran wild and every one had clubs down south. My brother has killed quite a few for no longer than hes been chasing fowl, and I shot one back in 2003 and couldnt tell you where it is now.

4. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

Congratulations on the hunt and the band. Wear em if ya want. I'm scared to wear what I've collected over the years. Mine are more of a collection of memories than a status symbol. The wife knows if the house catches on fire they are the first thing I'm grabbing...:sp

auto5, GK1 and ARHHH4 like this.
  5. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

Exactly MM....Yesterday I stuck mallard band #21 in the gun safe along side 30 odd goose bands.
    Never saw a reason to wear a buncha shiney crap around my neck while trying to hide and kill birds.
    But whatever....if ya wanna mimic Foiles and Zink...knock yourself out.Get on Ebay and buy ya a bunch if it makes ya feel better about yourself.

P

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

Let the kid wear em. They're his (though I will say that some things we do, or wear, or say does "label" us sometimes ).

I'm running a special thru the end of the month.
    Duck or goose, your choice - OR - mix & match.
    $10 each or 2 for $25. Consecutive numbers, add $3 ea.
    Cash only.
    A portion of your purchase will not benefit waterfowl or their habitat but will instead benefit me (I need new boat trailer tires).
    Hurry before the biologist see's them missing.
    20170626_080927 (1).jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

i knew you were a poser,,, or is that a hoser,,, whatev:l:l

8. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

Opinions. Just another reason this place is a shadow of its' former self.

9. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Wow, joins less than a year ago, and on his 71st post, shares a good hunt he and his brother shared. Then they are belittled for their choice of clothing, and wearing bands on thier lanyards. And people wonder why this place is a ghost town, and where everybody has gone. Read this thread and it’s not hard to figure out.

Congratulations on the band, who cares what color your Hoodie is, obviously not the birds. Do as you please with the Band, I hope it’s just one of many more to come for you and your bother, and as you two continue to harvest both banded and non banded birds, you still share your experiences here.

By the way I was also fortunate enough to harvest a band this week in Illinois, a 8 year old local bird. It went on my lanyard, but I won’t post that on here anymore, because someone might tell me I am not wearing the right color Hoodie, or that I should be wearing the coat I left at home in my closet, or that I can’t kill birds cause I have bands on my lanyard.

You know the “Grownups”

dvegas and duckmann like this.
  10. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

FYI, some of the posts on this thread are the exact reason many of the old forum regulars are ghosts these days.

Way to go guys! It looked like a special hunt!

Jon C and ARHHH4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.