Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Decent day today

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ARHHH4, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

No...most of the old timers tired of the poo faced,robo using,bling warriors.
    Like it or not....waterfowling will never be what it was before spinning wings and Duck Dynasty.
    If you can't remember point systems and legal lead shot,you wouldn't understand.
    I for one mourn it's passing.

P

2. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

You got me. I didn’t shoot a duck or goose until 1987. I’ve obviously missed the good ol’ days. Yep, there’s no room in today’s world for a fella to take his family out and create memories.

Duck dynasty is to blame.

There was a time when I would have just flat out called you a jag-off. I guess I’ve matured, because I’m just thinking it right now instead of posting.

Oh, wait...

Skycarp33 and goosenazi like this.
  3. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

What kind of rookie only has one lanyard for his bands?

webfoot78 likes this.
  4. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

I might be a jag-off...but Im not a poser. And yup....you missed the good ole days while you were *****in yellow. Too bad.

P

5. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks man...it was a fun one for sure. Any hunt with my brothers is a good one. Looks like you guys have had a good week. Your brother sent me a pic earlier this evening. Congrats on that one with the aluminum!

6. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

I too killed a banded mallard drake on Sunday on private ground just north of Union County and it wasn't Grassy Lake !!! Banded in Wisconsin in 2016. It went on my lanyard (Single) along with the others I have collected over the 58 years I have been duck hunting and I'm damn proud of every one of them !!! I too remember the point system, lead shot in magnum 4's, 2 mallard limit, etc. etc. I also remember wading across mud flats up to my thighs w/ only a single shot 12 gauge,thermos and sandwich in my coat, a yellow lab turned brown from the mud, to get to where I shot some of those banded ducks !!! A lot of them were by myself. Couldn't find very many people to fight the mud. My brother went a few times and they were very special as he is gone now but I still have the memories. He shot two or three banded ducks in that special place and the bands are in his casket !!! There are a lot of stories/memories behind a lot of bands. I enjoy having them on my lanyard and they remind me of a lot of hunts on days when the birds aren't moving !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

Moldboard plows and persistent river flooding changed hunting more than a spinner and TV show ever will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.