Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Declining # of Waterfowl Hunters

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Duckin' Lost, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Yes but I was always under the impression that when you started a season at 16 you were considered a JR for that entire season. That is the way it has always been unless it has changed in the last 10 years.

2. LeadSled1

LeadSled1 Senior Refuge Member

All not guilty on the zone issue. The one boy who didn't have his stamp got a reduced $50 fine. Last District Court cases were today for 4 kids. NRP officer started off stating this occured at 0930 Thanksgiving morning argued that the school zone @ 300 yds was in effect any time a person was in the school, (occupied dwelling, different code) but a copy of the Annotated Code of Maryland 10-410 (G) (2) was brought with one of the kids (luckily the first one called up) showing it was only during school hours and scheduled activities. NRP officer came back stating if so then the kids were in violation of hunting too close to an occupied dwelling 10-410 (G) (1) after stating he marked them at 170 yds and a janitor was in the school. That didn't work out either. Don't know who was presenting the case for NRP, I saw two of the citations which were issued by a Cpl Burton. The kids said the presenter was Cpl Burton's partner from that day, and that the Judge is a waterfowler due to conversations he had during the stamp issue. He told the kids to mind where they are hunting at and try to get away from any structures as far as possible. I think the ones that continue to hunt will take him up on his words.

3. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I thought the issuing officer had to show up if you went to court or the case had to be thrown out or rescheduled which is up to the judge to allow a rescheduling. if they were charged with one thing and found innocent I don't see how they can just up and charge them for something else unless they issued multiple charges at the time of the incident. If they lost their first attempt of the charge they should've been done and everyone should've walked in my opinion.

4. Farmer hunter gatherer

Farmer hunter gatherer Refuge Member

Question came up about occupied dwelling and a dnr officer said an occupied dwelling is defined as a building in which a person resides. We were closer than 150 from a horse barn and even though someone was in the barn it wasn't considered occupied because they did not live there permanently. I screenshot that message with the officers name as backup if ever needed again.

5. LeadSled1

LeadSled1 Senior Refuge Member

Issuing officer was there but another officer presented the cases for some reason? The boy that didn't have his stamp did have that as a second fine on his ticket.