Decoy Cart Help

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Addicted 2 Quack, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Addicted 2 Quack

Addicted 2 Quack New Member

My buddies and I are building a decoy cart for this season as we've got a few new spots that we can't drive in. Now we've got the frame built but we've stalled out at the axles. They think we could just get away with welding 4 bolts to the SIDES of the frame and mounting tires to that. From what I've read and seen most guys do a full axle of 3/4" round bar and weld it to the bottom of the frame and mount tires with washers and cotter pins. Could use the advice of anyone who's made one and done something other than the bar on the bottom of the frame? Thanks.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Bar across the bottom. The last thing you want is the axle to break 1/2mile in. Then you'll be hauling everything out the hard way.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yup..

4. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Mine have 1/2 inch tubing cut at the bottom like a bicycle fork,mount 26 inch cruiser tires in them and off we go.I do carry 1 spare as I have had a flat tire but not very often.

5. buck19

buck19 Senior Refuge Member

Guess I took a different approach. I slid sections of bar (cold roll) stock onto 6 inch sections of black pipe 1 inch if I remember correctly. Then welded the black pipe into, if I again remember right my dimensions right 11/4 square tube stock. The pipe creates a surface for your washer to run against. One washer and cotter pin on the outside. Welded a section of flat stock to the top of the square tube and bolted it to all kinds of different frames.

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

I will try and get pictures of my cart,it folds for easy storage and transport and can 5 dozen fullbodies and pit covers.

7. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

We used 3/4 all thread and welded it to the bottom. Might have saved a few bucks welding bolts to pipe, etc , but the all thread was easy.

8. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Use 3/4 solid round stock and 26" carriage wheels from Northern Tool