Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Decoy cart

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by joel winters, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Pit Boss

Pit Boss Oregon Moderator

I built one out of 3/4 conduit. Been through hell for over 20 years. Just ordered new wheels for it.

2. Patodor

Patodor Senior Refuge Member

The Rogers decoy cart is great and pulls with ease. I’d recommend taking the time to balance it to make your haul easy as possible. Also, make sure to carry extra hardware. The cotter hairpins can pop loose if you drag it through grass or skim ice like we did. Fortunately, we were prepared. You can always opt for more permanent hardware if you’re not setting it up - breaking it down daily (which takes under 1 minute).

3. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

Got the new Roger's Christmas flyer and they have the big decoy cart on sale for $199. That's $50 off usual price, plus free shipping.

4. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member

I like the way you think!

5. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

TM Trailer Pics 007fn.JPG TM Trailer Pics 008fn (1).JPG Here's one someone built and sent me photos.

Attached Files:

Reelcranky likes this.
  6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

This cart intrigues me. Attach a tow hitch bar for an ATV to allow access to ATV only fields without pulling huge trailer. folds down for cargo trailer. If you did the sides in camo, and had attachments for vegetation, it could also double as an A-frame Blind when you take the wheels off in the field.

I am inspired to make a combination A-frame blind/goose decoy cart .

Anybody else want to help design one?

darkvibe and stevena198301 like this.
  7. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

When welding up the cart if they would elevate the top side panel's hinges so the it would lay flatter. And weld in a receiver hitch mounting so you can attach it to your truck using the trailer hitch receiver.

8. bang you'r dead

I'm thinking 2x3 on 16" centre floor with 1/2 plywood screwed and glued, sides of 2x2 with bracing and cement wire "walls" which you can use camo fabric and vegetation on outside. door hinges to attach long walls to floor (with undersize pins for easy use), 2 door hinges on end with latches to open and close. Already priced out some 13-15 " tires. Can use either a lawnmower type or narrower . I am thinking lawnmower to give a little flotation. Dual use is really appealing. Can haul decoys out to field and then use cart as an A-frameby removing wheels. Can probably adapt wheels to become seats inside the A-frame . Just call me inspector gadget.

stevena198301 likes this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

See no reason not to use floating tires. Seat idea is good. Or, put them under each corner of the blind for storage, and to keep the blind off the ground, or take them back on the 4wheeler. Win-win.

10. bang you'r dead

This is a killer idea. I'm going to fire it past my son the engineer and get him to play with it on the CAD. I figure the cement wire is 6" x 6" and should be good to zip tie the brush and camo on, and be small enough holes that nothing falls out of cart. Should be able to keep the weight down. The cement wire panels are 4' x 7', and I figure I would make it about that size, with base smaller, probably 3' to 4' wide (I'll do it in cardboard first to test out fit . End panels can have one side perpendicular (back ) and front angled back. PTO pins to hold things in place and for easy assembly and disassembly. I think I'll make some drawings and paste them up and let the experts give some tips.

stevena198301 likes this.